Can you use different accounts from the same app/phone?

(T-Bagger) #1

Hi All,

Me and my partner are going backpacking soon with just a phone to share, I’d like to know if you can use different accounts from the same phone? I’m assuming so as every time you log in you need to click an email link to confirm?

Thanks,

T-Bagger

(Andre Borie) #2

Yes you’d need to relog every time you want to switch accounts. Maybe the best is to use one card only and use the payments with friends feature to transfer whatever amount you think you’d need from your partner’s card to yours.

(T-Bagger) #3

Thanks for the advice :slight_smile: I love Monzo!

Just another quick question, when logging into different accounts via the same app/phone, are card details saved in the top up area (i.e not having to put in bank account details everytime we top up our monzo cards)

T-Bagger :upside_down_face:

Yes the card settings are saved for next time. They are associated with an account rather than a device or app so the card details will be as previously entered for each account.

Fwiw I found it really annoying trying to use 2 accounts on 1 device. First you have to log out and then enter the other username and password. then you’ve gotta go to your emails and click the magic link they send in order to log in, then repeat again to view other account. Frustrating.

Ps. I love monzo too! And I normally have a whole lot of hate for banks so they must be doing something right!

Yep. This is also a real pain with other FinTech apps too. They have yet to cotton on to simple things:

Letting different customers (e.g. partners) log into their accounts from the same device

Letting customers access their accounts on multiple phone or multiple devices (e.g. phone and tablet)

Most seem to go out of their way to make it impossible or at least as awkward as possible

While dinosaur bank apps are dire, they often provide the user with the flexibility to access their data from the device of their choice, particularly useful when it just for a few hours and not a permanent thing

(Rika Raybould) #6

I offer this only as an untested workaround but if you use an Android phone, consider trying Android user profiles. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank @RichardR for a great contribution as always . Every post you make adds value to the community

(Marta) #8

There are few more hardcore options :smiling_imp: , but difficulty level really depend on phone/os you are using. Some might require rooted phones, which is always considered as less secure than not having root (unless you really know what you’re doing with your root!).

There are some apps that allow you to clone/duplicate same application and have it running concurrently. Different methods have various limitations, and honestly, I don’t even know how link from an email will know what app should be logged in. I haven’t seen or read about any attempts to duplicate Monzo app, maybe someone had done it and is willing to share? :slight_smile:

You would need to google for methods that match your device and try them out. That being said, it’s a very long shot, and I’m not sure I’d be bothered myself to try it out. :smiley: :rofl:

(system) #9

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.