Can’t connect Monzo to IFTTT

Thanks for the vid. I’ve just deleted my IFTTT account, revoked access in my Monzo app and deleted all the applets. Managed to successfully set it up solely on my computer.

If you can, try this:

(Try doing this all on a laptop/desktop if possible)

• delete your IFTTT account

Open an incognito window if you have Chrome (or your browser equivalent)

• recreate your IFTTT account on your laptop/desktop browser
  • add a Monzo applet
  • grant access to Monzo, and click the link in the email you receive

Note: you can do all of this on a desktop/laptop, the email with the login link seems to be the same template used for accessing the Monzo app on your phone. The app is not needed to connect with IFTTT.

1 Like

Eventually IFTTT realised I’d deleted my account and let me set up from scratch…and it finally all worked! Thanks for your help!

3 Likes

Awesome! Glad you got it sorted :grinning:

I am guessing you had private browsing mode turned on using IOS safari? That would cause that exact issue. For anyone else experiencing that loop try turning off private browsing on Apple safari when linking ifttt.

This advice helped me on my IPhone (after frustrating multiple failures). Once I got the Monzo email I copied the link behind the button (keep pressed for 3-5seconds to allow options to show). I then selected ‘copy url’ and then pasted/opened this url in my Google Chrome app. It then connected!

1 Like

Hi
I had the same issues for a long time with the signup process which was a never ending loop of failure!
I finally managed to connect Monzo and IFTTT (Using iOS) by making sure that I only used the Chrome web browser and only copying and pasting the link from the activation email into Chrome - use a long press to copy the link in the email.
Once you successfully connect using Chrome, the first thing you’ll need to activate is ‘Date and Time’ and then you have to connect the 1p challenge applet - which will again require a copy and paste in an acceptance email.
Hope this helps someone!

1 Like

Hi @Benters & welcome :wave:

Thanks for the tip - very useful for iOS users :+1:

I think it’s been pointed out above, I believe the main issue is that in order to complete successfully you CANNOT perform the activity on ‘Private/Incognito’ browsers.