Business Banking Tiers and Pricing [illustrative from user research]

Interesting - seems reasonable to me. I won’t spend an extra £120 a year for a metal card myself but that seems like a fair choice of tiers.

Edit - the Web portal is good news, assuming of course that means full-featured not the current limited emergency offering.

4 Likes

Brilliant they’ve got a free tier, but the tax pots on the £5 a month tier? Surely Monzo would want as many clever and unique features on the free tier to encourage people to join from other banks, increasing their customers?

Hello all! This is a cool thread! :smiley: I can confirm that the screenshot above is part of user research / scoping we do as a part of signing up for the waiting list (this option is shown if you opt-in to user research - there’s a few variants of it, and we try to be clear on the screen before that these are illustrative and not final). This experiment has been live for a few months, and generally is really helpful to us to understand people’s interest and what features are most important. You can check out our trello board to see what we’re up to and what’s coming next. Stay tuned for more updates!

12 Likes

What’s the difference between a Pot (free) and a Tax Pot (paid)? Is the backend functionality a % automation? Be good to see that trickle to the Personal/Joint accounts too…

1 Like

Sorry to jump in here. I notice Trello now says ‘international payments (outbound)’. Does this mean inbound intl payments (i.e. my client paying my invoice) is now supported? There’s no comment on the card after the title was changed.

as spelt ‘lite’, maybe its for the US?

Not happy about how the accounting aggregations are only on the paid tier. This makes the free tier basically useless and the product is very bad value for money considering you can get most of this for free at Starling.

The accounting integrations should be free otherwise there’s basically no point of a business account if it doesn’t have that (if you have a business or are self-employed and make enough to justify a separate account you’re pretty much guaranteed to use some sort of accounting system, if the free account doesn’t offer that then what’s the point of even having it in the first place?)

2 Likes

I would agree with you that it should be free - but it not being free is at least in line with some of the major banks where a charge is made (albeit on the accounting services end)

I’m by no means a business banker, but to have most of my finances in 1 app, with account aggregations, I think I could justify £5 a month. It’s hardly breaking the bank is it?

They have to be turning a profit somehow. Or they won’t be able to even offer a free account in the future!

1 Like

I pay £5 for Barclays and don’t really get a lot with them

What do you get? Would help us make a comparison.

Im on the e-Payments Plan, so really sweet FA

1 Like

Barclaycard business website is also garbage, I find more than half time I need to use it there is an issue with it.

2 Likes

I just got an invite to open a business account but there was no tiered plan to select from, just a £5 per month option. Is the £0/month no more?

1 Like

I got the invite aswell no option is given

Towards the end of the application it lists documents to read, one of which relates to fees.

1 Like

There was never a £0 option

Screenshots showing the 3 tiers was part of research to gauge customer opinion, not something that was offered

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Monzo (seems to) have launched business accounts

Looks like business accounts have launched. Until we have formal word from Monzo, I’ve created a new topic over here: