Burger King launch Halloumi Burger in the UK

Nothing better than a bit of rubber between two buns! :hamburger::speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Squeaky cheese, as we refer to it here.

1 Like

Excuse my ignorance, but that’s literally a burger made of cheese? Thanks Duck Duck Go for being my google. lol. Had to research it to see what Halloumi was. :smiley:

What did the cheese say when it looked in the mirror?

Halloumi

6 Likes

Are you proud of yourself Jack?

5 Likes

Lol. Too cheesy?

6 Likes

OMG stop! :crazy_face::joy:

4 Likes

There appears to be little protein in this? I mean, I have no stake in this particular burger existing, since I’m vegan, but surely it would have been far more obvious to launch a Beyond Meat or Impossible Burger instead?

This particular burger mostly appeals to vegetarians. A Beyond Meat / Impossible Burger would cater to both vegetarians and vegans.

Is that true? Halloumi is generally really high in protein so it seems unlikely that this wouldn’t be the same?

Ah, I didn’t know that (vegan for 10+ years, so not hugely knowledgeable about things I don’t eat!).

Relative to other burger patties though (vegetarian, vegan or otherwise) it doesn’t appear to be hugely well balanced - seems to have as much fat and salt content as it does protein. But, I guess BK isn’t the place you’d go for a balanced diet :joy:

1 Like

It’s not meant to I don’t think. I would expect it to be front loaded with salt and fat, it’s a cheese after all.

Adding a brioche to the mix only makes it worse haha!

This is why we can’t have nice things :sob:

I’m sure I read somewhere that BK will be offering one of those :soon:

I think you might find many carnivores will enjoy this too, I bloomin’ love Halloumi! (still not setting foot inside BK though).

Good thing I’m not drinking coffee, don’t think my monitors would have enjoyed being showered when I larfed out loud at this. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Halloumi Burger may not appeal to vegetarians - as its not vegetarian enough apparently.

But plant based burgers are coming to Burger King UK :soon:

“999, what’s your emergency?”

“yeah, is it possible to pre-book an ambulance? - if so, yes please”

1 Like

I don’t get it…

Hurry up UK!

1 Like

I thought I read somewhere that we couldn’t get the Impossible Burger over here yet because it hadn’t passed some food safety standards or something?

Having had Beyond Meats quarter pounder at Halo in Brixton a few weeks back I really want to try it!