Food appreciation topic ๐Ÿ—๐Ÿฅž๐Ÿณ๐Ÿฅ—

How good is food? :drooling_face:

:grapes::melon::watermelon::tangerine::lemon::banana::pineapple::mango::apple::green_apple::pear::corn::carrot::potato::eggplant::avocado::coconut::tomato::kiwi_fruit::strawberry::cherries::peach::hot_pepper::cucumber::leafy_green::broccoli::mushroom::peanuts::chestnut::bread::croissant::baguette_bread::pretzel::pizza::fries::hamburger::bacon::cut_of_meat::poultry_leg::meat_on_bone::cheese::waffle::pancakes::bagel::hotdog::sandwich::taco::burrito::stuffed_flatbread::egg::fried_egg::shallow_pan_of_food::stew::bowl_with_spoon::green_salad::sweet_potato::spaghetti::ramen::curry::rice::rice_ball::rice_cracker::bento::canned_food::salt::popcorn::oden::sushi::fried_shrimp::fish_cake::moon_cake::dango::dumpling::fortune_cookie::takeout_box::crab::lobster::shrimp::squid::icecream::shaved_ice::ice_cream::doughnut::cookie::birthday::cake::cupcake::pie::champagne::tea::sake::coffee::milk_glass::baby_bottle::honey_pot::custard::lollipop::candy::chocolate_bar::ice_cube::chopsticks::plate_with_cutlery:

I think itโ€™s underappreciated sometimes :laughing:

Whatโ€™s everybodys favourite meal, best thing theyโ€™ve ever had or dirty treat?

I love a good steak and kidney pudding sandwich because it reminds me of student days and Iโ€™m a proper northerner :sandwich: :rofl:

2 Likes

My personal favourite is Boerewors. Itโ€™s South African sausage and cooked on the Braai, itโ€™s just amazing. I equally like biltong. No wonder my cholesterol is slightly raised :laughing:

2 Likes

Iโ€™ve just Googled it. Looks like a giant Cumberland sausage :open_mouth:

Pizza or fajitas :heart_eyes:
However girlfriend is making me make her mums Thai dishes recently and they are lovely.

3 Likes

Yes, but it is so much better than cumberland sausage. Iโ€™ve eaten kilos of the stuff over the years, Iโ€™m surprised I donโ€™t look like oneโ€ฆ:rofl:

1 Like

Yaaaaaaas! Good shout!

Sometimes I think I should have been born Italian because thatโ€™s my favourite cuisine.

Whatโ€™s your favourite pizza toppings?

If you say pineapple weโ€™re going to fall out :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Any veg is good for me.
Depends on the base of the pizza to toppings

I donโ€™t even like pineapple

1 Like

Iโ€™ve tried Droewors (sp) before but never Broewors, where can I get some in the UK?

The Biltong Man on Amazon does some tasty Droewors!

You certainly can buy boerewors in the UK, just Google where can I buy boerewors and South African shops will pop up. I have to admit, I havenโ€™t bought any in the UK, I am a frequent traveller to SA and so I generally only ever eat it there, and far too much of it! Indeed one of the first places I visit when I get into Cape Town or Port Elizabeth, is the local Checkers supermarket, much to my Wifeโ€™s annoyance because whilst she wants to crack on and do a standard food shop, Iโ€™m too busy hanging around the butchery counter. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Iโ€™m off to France tomorrow so I just went to Morrisonโ€™s and panic bought ยฃ20 worth of snacks. Jacobs crackers, kettle chips, penguin biscuits etc.

Iโ€™m a complete pleb but a day without a nice chocolate biscuit is a day wasted. :joy:

1 Like

Was about to recommend you a place near me but then realised youโ€™re a loooong way away. Never tried this place but might be worth a go? https://www.southafricanshop.co.uk/store/show_category/2095

1 Like

Ooooh bookmarked!

Donโ€™t forget about me! I want some of these magical :rainbow: never to be missed sausages. Where are you based? Iโ€™m keeping my fingers crossed that youโ€™re near me :crossed_fingers:

Lordy where do I start!

Favourite meal is probably something โ€˜heartyโ€™ and has lots and lots of potatoes. I bloominโ€™ love potatoes!!

Best thing Iโ€™ve ever had is from a chain in Glasgow called Bread Meats Bread, they do a burger using a doughnut as a bun, itโ€™s cheesy, messy, oozing deliciousness.

Dirty treat is usually chocolate based. Anything really, bit giant buttons are the current go-to item!

With that type of bread being used, is that one of those sweet and meaty things like syrup on bacon? :confused:

I agree about the potatoes thing though, I love a good aloo curry! :drooling_face:

1 Like

Garlic bread!

Pancakes.

Exactly that. Like bacon pancakes and maple syrup just meatier

Iโ€™m not sure Iโ€™d like that :nauseated_face: I may give it a go though :grimacing:

Yeah except its traditionally beef sausage. A staple of any south africans diet! No room for veganism vegetarianism in SA :laughing:

1 Like