Try to log in using Pixel Imprint fingerprint login
Nothing happens
Tap elsewhere to dismiss the “Confirm it’s you to unlock then…” pane
Tap “Try again”
Actually log in using Pixel Imprint fingerprint login
Device: Google Pixel 4a
App Version: Monzo 4.7.0

Screenshots:

I have seen this a few times, always on Android 12.

Tried both on my Pixel 4xl and the Pixel 6 Pro and issue exists on both.

Probably related, something I’ve noticed a few times (about 1 in 8 opens) since getting my Pixel 6 Pro:

1. Tap shortcut to Monzo
  2. Get prompted to fingerprint
  3. Hold finger to screen nothing happens
  4. Can do nothing except turn off screen with power button
  5. Power screen on to get back to launcher
  6. Tap shortcut to Monzo
  7. Get prompted to fingerprint
  8. Hold fonger to screen and get in.

Only happens with Monzo.
I had similar issues when we first got biometrics in the app, perhaps a regression bug?

Looks like an Android 12 issue.

The increasing reports due to the influx of Pxl6 users and my experience of A12 on Pxl5 indicates a common issue with A12.

Open Monzo (with biometrics enabled) - Monzo asks for fingerprint - put finger on sensor - nothing happens.
Tap outside of the area of the biometric login ‘window’ (towards the top of the screen) to dismiss the bio-login, then tap on ‘Try again’ at the bottom right. Bio-login window pops up and placing finger on fingerprint sensor works immediately.

1 Like

I can’t reproduce this on mine, I’m in 1st time every time. I’ll have to put a transaction through which brings up a notification to login and see what happens.

Fingerprint is temperamental. On my one plus nord , doesn’t always appear on app launch

Except (at least for me) it’s only Monzo that I’ve experienced it with. Having paid closer attention last time I appear to get a fingerprint prompt and then another fingerprint prompt on top of it.

1 Like

Same. I should clarify that it’s a Monzo issue with Android 12

No other app which requires FP access exhibits this ‘initial miss’ issue.

I have the same issue on my Pixel 5, running Android 12. Had just assumed it was the phone telling me it’s time for an upgrade, but looking at this thread, perhaps not. Phew!

1 Like

Hey everyone :wave:

Thanks for bug report and the steps to reproduce :heart_eyes:
I’ve raised this internally, I’ll be back in touch if I have any updates.

6 Likes

I’m on Android 10 with a Fairphone 3, I get a variation of this where I’m frequently needing to give my fingerprint twice to login, something I don’t see for other apps, only Monzo.

It’s the same issue - an ‘initial miss’ of fingerprint recognition (meaning, having to tap your finger twice to have it recognised and gain access to the -quite-rightly- biometric protected app)