Bug report: unable to suggest corrections for mislocated merchants

Sometimes the app gets the map location completely wrong. For example, here is the Waitrose in Cheltenham being marked on the map as a motorbike shop near Dumfries:

Screenshot_20180225-161354

The bug is that when attempting to suggest a correction to this data, the real location is not found when searching:

Screenshot_20180225-161458

There seems to be a distance limit around the incorrect location which prevents any search results further than that from being shown.

I also noticed the same issue with Boots in the Westfield, Stratford, London being confused with a Boots in Eldon Square, Newcastle.

1 Like

Boots apparently always comes up as Yorkshire I was told.

You Should be able to enter the details manually somewhere, I’ve done this before for a merchant.

It’s London for me

This issue is partially fixed in the latest Android beta, where you get the option to manually specify the location.
You’re right that there does seem to be some weird distance constraint on the search results, and I’m not 100% convinced that the manual location entry is working correctly at the moment, I’ll have to wait and see if some of my merchant data gets corrected “correctly”.

The actual location you see appears to be some sort of google default for “i don’t have a clue where this is”. If you look at that location in google maps, you’ll see quite a few businesses at those same coordinates which obviously have addresses elsewhere (i.e. not in the middle of nowhere in Dumfries). One of my local Chinese takeaways, and a Tesco express both appear in this location.