Best place to sell an iphone?

eBay is best place

In general, yes. Specifically for iPhones, as long as you sign out of all the iCloud bits and bobs and do what it says to do here, you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Apple trade in is specifically gift cards for discounts on your next upgrade. It’s designed so you send your phone back to them during the check out processing of upgrading to a new one. That’s why I recommend Mazuma, because they pay cash.

No it isn’t.

Think I’ll give it a miss . Not risking some hacker getting my families details

Do you ever listen to anything people tell you?

When you go into CEX, where do you think all the items behind the glass comes from? Why do they sell second hand phones? Where do they get them from?

Their business is buying from you and selling it for more

What did you think happened?

2 Likes

They could sell to a dodgy hacker and then get my details

It’s not CEX I’m concerned about

I could get your details from you easier than this “hacker” you’re worried about.

Wipe the phone then sell it to CEX

Wipe the phone then sell it to Mazuma

Wipe the phone then sell it on eBay

Wipe the phone then sell it to anyone

2 Likes

Great.

Like I said I’ll give it a miss and keep the phone

How do you block someone?

You’ve started something now, @anon75400416. :flushed:

Start arguments and then delete comments :rofl:

What did I miss? :eyes:

Honestly, some dodgy hacker won’t get your details from an iPhone if the FBI can’t. I’d be more worried about using public wifi or leaving my wallet somewhere than the chances of someone sophisticated enough to steal personal details from a wiped iPhone targeting specifically me. Unless you are a foreign spy or government agent of course :female_detective:

1 Like

They can, they have been doing it for ages

Okay, I was wrong there. Still, pretty unlikely someone sophisticated enough will target OP specifically when they could be doing all kinds of stuff a million times more important

1 Like

Do you use Facebook?

2 Likes

The equipment needed to do this right now is very expensive because it’s proprietary. There are only two or three infosec groups in the world with the capability to do it. Apple themselves cannot do it.

Worth noting that the phones that have been breached in this way, as far as I am aware were not wiped either. If you sign out of iCloud and erase the device, you’re very safe. Trust Apple’s engineers know what they’re doing, because they do and are among the best in the world. Day zeros will always exist, there’s nothing that can be done about that, but Apple also happen to be one of the best at patching them quickly upon becoming aware.

2 Likes

I am sure all these infosec groups with expensive kit are after Monzo forum users and their personal data. I will make sure to hammer a couple nails through my iPhone logic board every time I put it down. Physical data destruction is the only 100% safe data destruction

1 Like

Nope