Best Football Goals of all time

Whats the best football goal of all time

1 Like

I’ve always loved Bergkamp’s goal against Newcastle, a fantastic touch and turn, the strength to hold off the defender and then the poise to calmly slot it into the corner.

A master at work.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that goal

I saw this as a kid and will always remember it with awe.

4 Likes

I remember watching this match as a kid in the pub with my Dad and the whole placed roared with life.

1 Like

And this for sheer skill & audacity - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDzzqVNwx2U

1 Like

Best I’ve seen in real life is between Shaun Barlett’s volley against Leicester, Yann Kermorgant against Hartlepool, Clive Mendonca’s hat trick goal at Wembley, or Robin Van Persie shinner at the Valley

That’s Colin Hendry he chips as well certainly no mug defender!

1 Like

Cuts me deep that I was on the losing side of fandom, but this was an outstanding goal to see on the telly:

Boosh

1 Like

I fondly remember this goal (Blackburn fan!)

I can’t think of anything I’ve seen hit harder then this.

3 Likes

Now I get the Hendry link. I’m with the other B-town team. The one who are in the Premier League. Massive conversation/argument point where I live - right in the middle of 'em both…

The hot new prospect Joao Felix at Benfica has absolutely smashed a few in this last month. Proper no backlift blasts

1 Like

I’m not from the area, so it would be pointless to assume a regional bias. I actually admire Burnley and the miracles performed with little investment and a team that on paper should be doing a lot worse then it does.

1 Like

Another Rovver here. You probably won’t believe me but I actually had a bet on Steven Reid to score in that match. I think it was 33-1 or something. Absolutely nailed it! :grin:

3 Likes

We’re everywhere us Rovers fans!

Except Ewood Park most Saturdays :wink:

6 Likes

:open_mouth:

1 Like

Looool!

Blackburn captured so many peoples’ imaginations in the '90s. I’ve only ventured above the M25 a handful of times and seeing them play was my favourite.

They used to call me a glory hunter, but for the last 15 years haven’t had a word to call me :grin: RTID!

2 Likes

Same in every regard! Maybe a glory fan but in the 90s Rovers were playing the best football with the best team - real over achievers!

I live nearly three hours away (East!) I still go occasionally, although I have been absent through a lot of the Venkys period, due to awful teams with worse managers more then the owners per se!

2 Likes

Agent Coyle…

1 Like

Burnley’s finest :wink:

1 Like