Banned From Amazon Reviews

This thread arrived everything I thought. For stars.

1 Like

I sent mine back - I didn’t work. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Everything I expected was delivered by this thread. Four stars :star: :star: :star: :star:

This account can no longer contribute any content for one or more of the following reasons:
– Elements of the account indicate a relationship to sellers, publishers, or other reviewers of the products you review.
– Reviews were posted in exchange for compensation, such as gift cards to purchase the product, product refunds, review swaps, or free or discounted products.
– The account requested free or discounted products in exchange for reviews.
– The account was created for the primary purpose of writing biased reviews.
– An unauthorized party may have accessed this account to write reviews.

What a load of nonsense.

I’m not happy about that as I like to ask questions before I buy stuff. Why i’m banned from asking questions too I don’t know.
I can sort of understand not being able to leave reviews if they detected it as false. However it’s really unfair not to be able to even ask questions

They emailed me saying

" I relayed your information to the team trained to handle this scenario regarding your missing/inability to post reviews. They are not able to provide an exact date or time when they expect this issue to be resolved. "

It’s hardly really an issue though is it, you’re still buying from them.

Slightly off topic here but hey it’s in General so…

I can highly reccomend this site for Amazon review spotting:

https://reviewmeta.com/

It will try to filter out fake reviews, or those that detect certain patterns that may show some kind of bias. e.g.:

https://reviewmeta.com/amazon/B083TTGL7R

Tend to chuck any non name brand electronics into it to get a feeling.

1 Like

I like to ask questions before buying though as peace of mind

But do you do that in the reviews area, or the questions area?

Questions section, which I’m also banned from

Got any examples of questions you’ve posted before? Maybe we can help identify where you’ve gone wrong.

I’m wondering if sellers can report questions, maybe some of them got fed up of it and reported them 🤷

I never go to that section of Amazon though so don’t know how it works.

1 Like

I’ve started reading more questions & answers. Most of them are nonsense. A lot of replies are useless at times - or about the wrong product etc.

2 Likes

True.

Bought an rgb strip a few weeks back and someone wrongly replied saying you can cut them to size which is wrong

You can if the design is good and you cut in the right place. I bought 2 Philips Hue Lightrips when they first launched. Chopped one because it was too long and soldered the chopped-off bit onto the other one because it was too short. Bingo! Perfect lengths.

Also can cause problems when there are multiple specs of item in the same listing - or the spec changes over time. Often when Users reply it’s just not an accurate/reliable view of the product’s spec.

My favourites with the questions, is when users answer “I don’t know sorry”.

2 Likes

Mine were some cheap ones, someone else said they cut it and it broke lol

For the most part, RGB strips need to have exposed copper pads like the image below for them to be trimmable.

What you might see is some that can be trimmed every three LEDs, like that one above, or different frequencies. For the most part, because of the way they’re made, most will be trimmable - but just has to be done with care :slight_smile:

For Maximum RGB love, you should look into “Neopixels”, or WS2812B LED strips. You can control each individual LED, rather than have them all the same. Makes for some amazing effects :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got a response from Amazon. Basically saying the decision is final and they won’t reply to any emails I send them. I think that’s awful i’m not even allowed to ask questions regarding products

I understand the spam filter may have picked up on my reviews, however banning me from asking questions is ridiculous

You ask loads of inane questions on here. If you do the same on Amazon, sellers likely just flag you and eventually it led to a ban perhaps.

8 Likes

I didn’t realise there was a rule regarding which questions you can and can’t ask :rofl: :joy: