Bank transfer to old account

(Gordon Bidwell) #1

Not realising that my account and sort numbers changed when reissued with new card I have transferred £100 to my old beta card details. How can I get the money returned.

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #2

either contact in app support or email help@monzo.com I think I’ve seen somewhere it gets allocated to the new CA anyway - Ill try and find the post for you :slight_smile:

( related to Monzo CEO, Investor in Monzo ) #3

this was for transfer to prepaid card having got new CA - always best to confirm with in app chat with the details and they will sort it out for you Im sure :slight_smile:

Contact customer service

They will be able to help locate the funds

(Marcel Ruhf) #5

Luckily, the prepaid program is still active, so hopefully Monzo will credit your account next week. As others have said, let in-app support know just to be sure.

(Kevyn) #6

I believe Monzo manually match bank transfers to the Monzo prepaid cards. They should be able to locate it easily with your old card reference number.

(Jack Donovan) #7

I’m suprised that it doesn’t automatically credit your current account tbh

(Marcel Ruhf) #8

The Barclays account funds are transferred to for the prepaid card is operated by Wirecard, I believe, so Monzo wouldn’t be able to use an API integration to automatically credit user accounts.

(Alex Rossiter) #9

Did you have any success with this? I made this mistake last Tuesday with £300 - my monthly budget! Halifax have contacted Barclays and are still awaiting a reply and are now telling me I could be waiting until 21st July after being initially told 20 days! I’m pulling my hair out and trying any avenue to speed the process up!

(Hugh Wells) #10

So sorry to hear about this @alexrossiter :sleepy:

Please let us know in the app and we’ll be able to locate this our end, and transfer to your current account :pray:

(Gordon Bidwell) #11

Yes was sorted in a couple of weeks.