Back In Time; 2013 Videogames

It might just be me, but I think 2013 was an absolutely awesome year for games! Loads of greats came out that year in my opinion, so I wondered if anyone else agrees and if so, what’s your fav game from that year?

My favourite was a game called Remember Me that came out on PlayStation and PC. You played as a character called Nilin; a memory hunter, in the futuristic & beautiful city of neo-paris. Your aim: to bring down a company called Memorize, a company that has digitised and commoditised memories with SenSen technology.

I absolutely adored this game, from spending countless hours watching my dad playing it when I was younger (and going home back to my mums place late at night and having to explain that one xD) to replaying it now occasionally as a young boyo (ahem! Adult!). So yes, what was your favourite game of 2013 and why?

1 Like

GTA V - what a game that was and still is in some areas. Spent many an hour playing it

The main game is great, but GTA Online made R⭐️ Incredibly greedy, and it ruined the game. I hope a new one is coming in the not too distant future

Otherwise I have no idea what games are released in what year, so my contribution to the thread is :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Definitely a bit older than 2013 but I played a game called ‘The Saboteur’ back then. I really liked it and just recently popped back into my memory but I couldn’t for the life of me get it to run. Even the latest version doesn’t seem to run on 6-core processors, even with patches.

My memory is awful but I played these in 2013 PC/PS3.

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 10.08.16

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 10.08.48

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 10.09.15

1 Like

TLOU was awecome!!! - Beyond Two souls was meh for me, Heavy Rain was brill though

Heavy Rain was decent.

Most of my gaming was before the millennium :sweat_smile:

My perfect gaming year was 1997 with RPGs like this

Half my life on Tomb Raider games

81KGmQP4DXL.AC_SX466

3 Likes

I can’t say it was my favourite year for gaming overall. As it was my first year as a teacher, I was more focused on that then gaming.

I did really enjoy The Last of Us, which is one of my favourite games of all time, The Wolf Among Us and I think I started playing Final Fantasy XIV later that year.

1991 was good too. Half my childhood on Sonic games.

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 10.33.07

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 10.31.57

Golden_Axe_II_Coverart

And playing almost everything from EA

Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 10.31.31

It was a crappy game looking back, but I played Lotus Turbo all the time.
Screenshot 2021-08-03 at 10.32.21

Earliest gaming memories late 80s of master system games like Shinobi and

AlexKiddInMiracleWorldBox

Couldn’t pick a good year, they were all good.

Sorry for the nostalgia derail @callum5771 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve never played the online tbh. I’m happy in my own world. Looking forward to the next one.

I’ve been a few times to Arcade Club in Bury (other locations available) to get some gaming nostalgia. I highly recommend it.

The Bury one has 3 floors of games all on free to play and every type you can imagine.

From really old classic stand up arcade machines, loads of console games, you can do PC on lan, and all the way up to modern day stuff like those games where you’re strapped into a giant baby bouncer and run around in a 3D world.

I put a copy of Sonic two on an emulator recently - I have a pad not similar to the megadrives. I haven’t played that game for about 25 years, but seriously I smashed the first 6 levels first time with some sort of muscle memory that its kind of scarey I still have.

megadrive was the best. I raise you

and

1 Like

Earthworm and Aladdin were ace.

Here’s five more :smile:

Micro Machines

Echo the dolphin

Sensible Soccer

Outrun

Mortal Kombat

Edit: it was a bit shit but this was bundled with the mega drive so played it a lot, ah memories

I think I’d take it back a year earlier to 1990:

220px-The_Secret_of_Monkey_Island_artwork

images

1 Like