Atom Bank Feedback

I’ve done a similar thing but with Tandem’s 1 + 2 year, but this is mainly because I have a Tandem Credit Card. I’ve got a friend who uses Atom a lot, and has about 12 ‘accounts’ with them between all their different lengths and mortgage platforms.

Currently I have 1 1yr account with them and am happy with it. As you say, the app is functional, but works. I like how you can view the products in app and compare interest and lengths etc.

I wish both Tandem and Atom would add integration with apps like Yolt, MoneyDashboard, YNAB and Emma. But other than that, I’m quite happy with the service from both companies.

1 Like

Anyone’s app started looking weird recently?

My app looks like everything has been highlighted and has a blueish sort of hue…just me?

I think mine still looks the same. I don’t open it very often :neutral_face:

There is something about the app on my phone that looks bluish towards the bottom left and more yellowish top right. Mostly visible on a white background. Not sure if it has always been like that though and only just noticed because I was looking for something.

1 Like

Mines definitely really noticeable, it’s really quite blue. It’s like my screen light is cranked right down to zero.

The Atom app looks awful, is slow and a pain.

So just like usual then. I have no colour issues.

IMG_948EBF512C07-1

Aside from the app, how was the Mortgage procedure. I’ve been considering taking a look at them.

I used Habito as a broker so they did all the mortgage detail gathering.

For Atom, I have been impressed. Habito submitted my application to Atom on a Monday, Atom valued the property, the next day, on a Tuesday and I got the Mortgage Offer the day after, on the Wednesday. I didn’t expect the speed.

You do need to use a solicitors who are pre-approved by Atom and they don’t give you a list. That delayed the start of my solicitor search but Habito (after pressing) did come up with a list preapproved in my postcode.

The only problem I had was coming to completion. My solicitors blamed Atom for not releasing the funds by the agreed completion date. However, I think it was my solicitors fault as I have had trouble paying my deposit to them and paying my solicitors fees.

Overall I’m happy with the speed Atom took to approve the mortgage and my worries about the checks (affordability) were not an issue (no long telephone calls etc.).

1 Like

Atom’s app getting a much needed update.

Wow, that’s been a long time coming. From their beginnings and the excitement that their app was running off a gaming engine and the result was an app that focussed far too heavily on screen transitions and animations and made it difficult to access information efficiently.

I don’t think I could ‘use’ Atom as the app would be far too tedious - I’m somewhat glad they didn’t launch a current account with that app but I have set and forget savings with them for the past few years I’ve been renewing annually.

2 Likes

It has been released! The app seems much faster but it still has the “Atom version of Face ID” and you still can’t actually do anything in the app aside from look at the vault, balances, interest or payments taken. You still have to contact Atom to do anything remotely basic.

3 Likes

That looks like a great update. Gonna download this one now for my fixed term savings. Except that it’s still Atom’s picky biometrics it’s looking good.

Email notification today to inform me Atom’s Ts&Cs are changing, something about new products launching soon. Account numbers and sort codes are involved, and the updated terms talk about Faster Payments to and from other banks.

1 Like

I received this email too! I’m part of their founders program and on the customer panel, so I have a little more insight, but I can’t share anything due to NDA.

Never thought I’d say it, but the app’s had a serious makeover and their savings rates are up there with the best. I’ve bought back in.

Good job, Atom.

1 Like

Still got that horrible implementation of FaceID though…

1 Like

Yes, still some hangover there. I was in retrospect, being generous.

Rates still good though :slightly_smiling_face:

Wonder if this fixes it?

This is just the update that allows you to re-do your biometrics to combat issues caused by upgrading your hardware. Redoing your biometrics should allow the systems to work more reliably though. :slight_smile:

It’s even worse now for me as I can’t get in at all. It complains that the iPhone isn’t being held upright!

I opened my account one night in bed and ever since I’ve had to lie down and take my glasses off to get into my account. Sooner this matures and I can close it down the better.

8 Likes