An interesting comparison of Mondo with Atom

I thought this might interest people here.

https://medium.com/@davidgtonge/why-mondo-will-blow-atom-out-of-the-water-a1d39924c310#.40rzo8koh

I tried out Atom the other week and really was not keen on the UI - it seemed like flash UI for the sake of it, and the comparison to Mondo was particularly instructive. Very pleased with the Mondo UI so far.

14 Likes

ā€œI know its unfashionable but I believe in the value of banks, capital brings growth. Iā€™m a banker, so shoot me.ā€ Mark Mullen
ā€œBankers tell me what Iā€™m doing isnā€™t banking. I donā€™t care about banking or financial products, we want to solve real problems.ā€ @tom Blomfield

I think those quotes sum up the difference between Atom and :mondo:.

Atom is another bank from the 1960s - so there no real difference from the already established.
:mondo: is a rethinking and fixing what we currently call ā€˜bankingā€™ - bringing it into the 21st century.

Iā€™m so eager I canā€™t wait (well I can) for :mondo: to get its banking licence so I can move my current account.

6 Likes

Fantastic article! Sharing with a few of my friends whom Iā€™ve referred to Mondo.

I havenā€™t tried Atom bank yet, but their reviews on the app store really donā€™t look good. Plus their UI really isnā€™t anything special, compared to the likes of Mondo.

The Atom app is so bad I deleted it even though I asked for a code.

Cheeses, was the group who made the atom app high on some bad shrooms and then forgot what theyā€™d done.