Atom Bank Feedback

Weirdly there is no Atom topic yet - all discussions were on the Competitor Updates threads which were closed last month as Simon wanted individual topics.

So boom boom pow - let’s get it started in here! :grinning:

3 Likes

Chairman Anthony Thompson leaves Atom due to a big idea turning into a small bank. (SCB?)

Also, more funding from BBVA on the cards.

2 Likes

I was put off by this:

Everyone who joins Atom is given their own unique personalised brand. Put simply, they get to name their own bank, have their own logo …

1 Like

You are forgetting they are doing mortgages too.

1 Like

Atom has routinely offered market-leading (ish) savings rates - good on them. And mortgage products (which I haven’t tracked). That’s pretty much it. Can’t see them becoming a full bank any time soon - or at all.

The app is extraordinary in its dreadfulness. There’s certainly no evidence of investment in the user interface. I don’t get why they’re so uninterested in the user experience.

3 Likes

Too right. With Starling and Monzo developing and embedding over the coming months and N26 and Monese making up the pack, any other new player will need to be very special to be attractive. Can’t see Atom being up for that challenge.

3 Likes

Looking at their site, it doesn’t look like they offer the mortgage themselves. They’re a go between the broker and yourself, with tracking inside the app? Am I missing something?

EDIT: Google suggest they offer mortgages but their site is sparse.

I looked at it a while back; they offer mortgages through a sub-brand, Digital Mortgages.

1 Like

Just like their app, it’s messy. If it’s a good rate then I’ll try and persevere as my mortgage is up for renewal.

Seems like some people have found their mortgages! https://twitter.com/atom_bank/status/958379516010868736

1 Like

Why is no one taking about Atom?

Starling, Revolut, Tandem and N26 but no Atom. Why?

I stopped taking Atom seriously when will.i.am joined their board.

6 Likes

Their fixed savers have been there or thereabouts for a couple of years. But that UI is about as embarrassing as it gets. To the extent that I went elsewhere this year rather than go through the login palaver.

Extraordinary - and no attempt to improve it.

(Don’t know how competitive their mortgages are, though)

2 Likes

If will.I.am is his first name is who.is.he his surname?

1 Like

They don’t offer a current account right?

It is! Well.i.never :wink:

1 Like

Not yet, that I know of. I think they started with fixed long-term savings, and then mortgages.

That’s my understanding. Really low profile, and previous little promotion.

It’s very odd. So much bluster and noise about them in the early days of Monzo and now they are not even mentioned in the same sentence.

Their website headlines are also well out of date, citing themselves as “arguably the most recognisable app only bank”.

Interesting they made it clear last year that they have no plans to enter the current account market.