Apple Watch Series 4

I travel literally once or twice a month long haul and I’ve never had my Watch come even close to running out of battery.

I’ve no idea what you’re doing on a 12 hour flight but I’m not doing anything to drain the battery.

1 Like

I may buy this version of the Apple Watch as my current Series 0 Apple Watch decided to spontaneously gain a new ventilation flap feature and Apple want £200 to bring it back into the fold. May as well use the £200 to buy a new watch…

IMG_0057

Definitely considering picking one of these up. I’ve put off every year waiting for even a slight redesign! Let’s hope there’s some new features that haven’t leaked yet too.

If it’s a series 0 which is pretty much worth nothing nowadays why not just try some super glue to keep it shut until you replace it?

2 Likes

I have a plan to try and use the Sale of Goods Act to get it repaired or replaced free. It’s in quite good condition and I believe the battery has bloated pushing the watch face off. I’m just sourcing a used battery to compare them. Then I can start my complaint!

2 Likes

It’s been seen before so it’s a known issue. I thought that were replacing for free though.

Apple extended the warranty to 3 years from purchase for certain Apple Watches (I think Series 1). My Apple watch is a launch Apple Watch, Series 0 and that was also 3 years and 4 months ago.

I’m surprised you’re still using it! I remember mine… then I remember getting Series 2 and it being so much faster I couldn’t imagine it now :joy:

I know no other Apple Watch :grin: . I stopped upgrading iPhones in 2014 (well until last Christmas) and I never thought it was worth it to upgrade my £600 watch as it just ‘worked’ (until now). No features looked interesting enough.

When I did upgrade from a launch iPhone 6 to the iPhone X, I noticed the big changes in performance and the camera so I’m sure if I get this Apple Watch (Series 4) I will similarly see a jump in performance. Apple are already not supporting upgrades to watchOS now for the original Apple Watch which had got me thinking of replacing it.

I’ve been quoted £110 for mine on Music Magpie!

1 Like

Every Apple Watch I have had I have sold for the next version and always got £50-75 less than I originally bought it for.

Apple products have great resale value. I’ve never spent more than £75 or so to upgrade my watch.

1 Like

Try the Trade In option - just need the serial number and answer a couple of questions about condition.

1 Like

Has anyone got the Milanese Loop and if so how does it stand up to day to day wear or an evening out in bars/clubs?

I am thinking about getting one in particular this (use this code if you want NPXMFVM6)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B1P676N

Anyway always been weary coz there is no latch like on the sports band etc.

I don’t have an Apple Watch but I have a milanese loop with a similar magnetic connection on my Fitbit and it’s great - I wouldn’t use any other type of strap to be honest - not least because the rubber ones tend to irritate my skin after a while. I’ve had it for maybe 6 months now and it’s very durable.

MVIMG_20180921_183501

I’m just worried about losing it whilst out n about over a weekend…

Could use it during the day I guess.

I got an unofficial Milanese Loop one from Amazon and it started becoming loose after a couple of weeks of putting my watch on and off. I took it off my watch as soon as I noticed it so my watch didn’t come off my wrist and drop. I haven’t plucked up the courage to get an Apple one yet

And this is what puts me off

Good thing you checked first

I got the original Milanese strap with my Series 0 and there’s nothing wrong with it after all this time :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I got a knockoff one like that from Amazon and it’s mostly ok. The trouble I have is that when the magnet slips slightly over a link in the band, it feels like a tap from the watch - so i’m always looking at phantom notifications. Then I realise it was just the magnet slipping and i tighten it again. Repeat all night then never wear it again.