Apple Pay ATM!

Am I late to this party? I needed to withdraw cash from an ATM in Budapest, and I saw the four waves, so I tried Apple Pay and… IT WORKED!

I did the same at another bank a few days later, and it worked again. Does this exist in the UK yet?

7 Likes

Santander ATM’s do have NFC compatibility, but it doesn’t work with Apple Pay sadly, so there’s not really much point… There are a few in the UK, but I can’t remember what operator - it’s none of the banks

It seems like an easy implementation too

2 Likes

That’s a shame. Not a huge deal for me, since I only withdraw cash in the UK a couple of times a year, but still, it would be fun.

3 Likes

it would be handy too - Barclays had this, if you had an Android phone (only Android, you had to bank with them too) but they shut that down. presumably due to none use

I used that functionality - it was hit and miss which drove shittons of complaints via Telephony and Chat which lead to them finally ripping it out.

3 Likes

I tried and done this last year in Gran Canaria. Shocked I could even attempt it knowing Gran Canaria ( My Wife is from there) but pleasantly surprised it worked. Only with a Starling Card though late year so pleased if my main bank do now too!!

2 Likes