Apple Pay - Any updates?

I think everyone understands that you “hope” to implement Apple Pay, but no one really understands what that means. I think the frustration for everyone here is that there has been next to no word on the subject from Monzo.

I (and evidently a lot of people here) would really like Monzo to be more transparent about this, I don’t think anyone is asking for specifics. I’d be happy with knowing that Monzo is working towards unblocking whatever is stopping the implementation of Apple Pay.

Until now we’ve not even been assured of that, I think its a given that you want to implement it (why wouldn’t you?!) But whats stopping you?

It’s obviously one of the most talked about things on the forums, and people are getting itchy feet about it now, I think a little bit of transparency about the subject would go a long way towards your keeping people happy, (and subsequently keeping us singing your praises!), specifically the community uses.

I think so far its just been really disappointing how you’ve responded to continues requests about it. Which for me, is more of an issue than the lack of Apple Pay integration.

8 Likes

Mobile NFC payments are still on the roadmap, Android Pay has already been delivered & Monzo aren’t working on Samsung Pay so we know that Monzo are working on Apple Pay. They obviously can’t discuss timescales (let alone what’s causing the delay) so I guess we’ll just have to wait & see :slight_smile:

Edited to replace ‘Android Pay’ (in bold) with ‘Samsung Pay’.

2 Likes

Given their good track record to be as transparent as possible about the majority of features that have been implemented so far, do people really think Monzo don’t want to be transparent about Apple Pay?

It’s clear they are working on it and that they’re under an Apple NDA. If they weren’t under it and they weren’t planning on implementing it, they’d just say so. Then they wouldn’t have to constantly be getting complaints from people about not being transparent about it.

I want Apple Pay as much as anyone else, and I’m sure most of the iPhone users at Monzo HQ want it too, but keeping people happy by saying ‘We are 100% working on Apple Pay’ is clearly going to breach the NDA terms and then there will only be more delays and trouble.

As for why other banks could say they’re working on it and Monzo can’t, I believe its either due to the card processor issue that someone mentioned earlier (possibly in another thread), or that bigger banks are going to have more bargaining power with Apple over agreements like this, or both.

11 Likes

They could be working on FitBit pay though :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m personally trying to make this happen. :wink:

7 Likes

Got moved to near term 3-6 months in July though. I guess the only saving grace at this point is it wasn’t moved back like CASS

That’s not how it works :tired_face:

15 / 5 = 3

Half-Life 3 confirmed!!!

4 Likes

Enlighten me then, otherwise how are we meant to know?

Read the roadmap as x to x months from today’s date. Sometimes stuff slips or other stuff gets prioritised first instead.

How can I read it as such when there is stuff (ATM Withdrawal limits) in 3-6 months that has been delivered?

It means the board isn’t really useful to most people. Something could stay in 3-6 months for years based on that logic.

2 Likes

Yes that’s correct :+1:

1 Like

…or Samsung Pay or FitBit Pay etc., it is not specific so all those insecure iPhone users want their mind put to rest by some reassurances :wink:

1 Like

Monzo are still bound by the laws of the land unfortunately. Blame Apple for their pathological need to control everything… :roll_eyes:

At least we’re agreed on the board not being useful to most people.

1 Like

its always Android ahead :slight_smile: unless its fitbit - would love fitbit

ducks

1 Like

The roadmap hasn’t been updated to reflect @bea’s blog post though, so maybe it’s not true as to the current status of NFC payments?

You’re jumping to conclusions and connecting dots that have questionably validity anyway.

I don’t know why you’d think this comment would make me think “Yeah alright then, Apple Pay confirmed and will be here in 3-6 months.” Did you not just read what i wrote? Its not about weather they’re currently working on it or weather its something they plan on working on or not. Its about the lack of transparency and the cut and paste responses we get when the issue is raised.

I’m not interested in extremely subjective speculation from someone who obviously has a bias.

2 Likes

I did read what you’d written, I’m not sure whether this answers your question but I hoped it had.

here’s a reply from a non-biased user too :slight_smile:

https://community.monzo.com/t/the-year-ahead-2018/30812/199?u=alexs

3 Likes