Apple October Event

Wouldn’t surprise me. Also wouldn’t surprise me to see EE be one of the first in the world to offer such an add on/bundle. They seem to have a very intimate relationship with Apple.

1 Like

I’ll be getting the iPhone 12 Pro Max, but happy to wait till after preorder day, if it means I still get an updated iPad Pro 11” (if they announce it?)

I’m avoiding and Apple TV as much as possible as I don’t use Apple Arcade so using the app on FireTV stick is more cost effective personally.

Given the pro was already updated this year, I’d suggest it’s incredibly unlikely. Apple has only ever updated their flagship iPad once in the same 12 month period and it made a lot of people angry. The pro line seems to have settled into an 18 month refresh cycle now, so you could be waiting a while.

However, given the very minor chip upgrade between the 2018 pro and 2020 version, it could well be possible for Apple to release a spec bump update sooner than expected. But I strongly suspect the rumoured A14X iPad Pro turned out to just be the new iPad Air. We’ll see though.

That’s what I was thinking. I hope they do

Sure that was a typo but I, sadly, can confirm that the dev beta’s were very much Bug Sur

Unlike the iOS 14 beta’s which were surprisingly pleasant.

As to what I expect/hope for;

• Apple Card in the UK would be cool, not sure if I’d use it though
  • Probably the minutest upgrade to the MacBook Pro, a lot of talk around Big Sur and how good it is (and it is actually pretty cool to be fair)
  • new Iphone, but since I just recently upgraded I personally am not that fussed, it’d be cool if you were due an upgrade soon of course

And finally, their concept of the bundle, e.g pay one price for Music, TV, News - that’d be cool

I feel like the new Air kind of forces their hand in upgrading the Pros as they’ve taken away most of the reasons to pay more. Doubt it’ll be this month though.

I really can not class the latest iPad Pro as an upgrade. It is the same iPad Pro as 2018, except they stuck the LIDAR sensor on it to prepare developers for the new iPhone.

They really need to update the Pro. The A14 blitzes the A12 in every respect, except for multi-core where it is about 10% slower. An A14 variant in the Pro which has more cores than the standard A14 will be significantly quicker.

I was really excited when they announced the Air, however they have messed the pricing up. 64gb for £579 is not enough storage, and then you have to go all the way to 256gb at £729 which is basically the same cost as a Pro. But then at the same time, I am not prepared to spend all that money on the Pro when it is using a two year old chip.

So I am hoping they stick in an A14 variant in the Pro next week - although it does seem unlikely. Which means I will probably have to stick to my 2016 Pro for now.

Bit Harsh. What about the extra core that was previously binned! :wink:

1 Like

How could I forget that!

No typo. Mac OS dev previews are the ones I have no choice but to use, so I’ve been living in big sur since June. It’s not great.

1 Like

I think the reason it won’t be, is they need to check the phone you’re handing back to make sure it’s ok to proceed. I don’t mind a one off trip to Bluewater to do it

How do they handle it in the US then?

1 Like

It’s online in the US, fingers crossed Barclays and Apple can sort it that way in the UK

They have to do it in the US too and yet it’s online. You have AppleCare+ with the Upgrade Programme so even if you send back a pile of glass and dust they should just take a deductible off your credit card and job’s a good’un.

1 Like