Apple Event - March 25th (TV Service?) 🍏📺

Coming this Fall.

Disappointed.

So almost nothing for outside the USA? The US Apple site has a massive splash image of all the new things, the UK is still trying to get me to trade in my iPhone 7

1 Like

Well as Sky is now owned by Comcast and were already looking at internet access instead satellite dishes you never know :wink:

When Oprah walked on tho.

Just that.

2 Likes

They would do that via Sky Q though as they have done it in Austria and Italy.

Without a doubt the worst Apple event yet. Had to turn it off when big bird came on. Explains the Apple board though, a bunch of muppets.

4 Likes

Very… anticlimatic.

Literally not a single thing that was announced couldnt have been done in an article and had the same effect. Boring

1 Like

I can’t remember when these events were interesting. It’s certainly been a few years since they’ve grabbed my attention.

In terms of the feedback about the event, it bored me reading the summery.

Everything was subscription based and nearly all for the US market.

Will we get card? Nope

Will we get TV? Nope (as in Sky and Virgin on the platform)

Is News+ worth it? Nope

3 Likes

There is a TV+ page on the UK site, launching same time as USA only using the correct word (Autumn). I don’t think we’ll get Apple TV Channels because Sky exists, but we will get the Apple-made content, however much that will cost.

We definitely won’t get the card though.

Seems really good the idea of Apple Card, It can’t help but compare their spending categories and reports with Monzo, it seems they practically took the idea from Monzo.

I hope it gets introduce in the UK very very soon. :slight_smile: cashback is always good! that can be a good idea for Monzo Plus, cashback!

Cashback is indicative of high transaction fees, in the UK it is much much lower than the US. So any cashback would be considerably less.

The upside of this, is that generally everybody will pay less for the stuff they buy because retailers don’t have to cover 3% fees. The winners are always the card companies. I’d prefer it if cashback wasn’t a thing, because it would mean I’d spend less, so wouldn’t need cashback through a loyalty scheme, I’d have more money in my account.

1 Like

So I have the new Apple TV app and I have to say it is crap and IMO a waste of time.

Basically it shows you all the shows from say BBC and ITV but you have to have those apps installed to play the show.

All it appears to be is the same as before where it just brings everything together.

To make an impact it should just be able to play everything in the app itself.

Isn’t that what their new Channels thing does?

1 Like

Yeah, for the paid channels e.g. HBO, that have been announced for the US, the content will live directly inside the new TV app. They haven’t announced what UK paid subscription channels will be joining it yet - although they did say international channels would be available at a later date.

The Apple TV + original content will be in there too - which will be available globally.

They haven’t announced whether or not the free channels e.g. BBC will continue to launch content to their own dedicated apps, although it’s worth noting that even the paid channels like HBO in the current beta launch content to their own apps still - although that will change at some point during the beta process.

1 Like