Android "Q" Beta Leak!

Anyone know what’s new with the latest beta? Just installed it. I’ve noticed a bug in the previous version on my P2XL where the phone rings, and the ringtone plays but the actual UI to answer the call doesn’t flash up :joy:

Kind of an important thing to fix :see_no_evil:

that’s annoying! Of course they are going to take a month of Sundays to sort it out, unfortunately it’s still the case I have to rely on that account when it comes to accepting or processing certain payments that Monzo can’t handle.

I actually had that issue yesterday with my 2XL before I had updated to Beta4 so must be something else causing it.

Not much new so far, just some basic UI changes and will take a guess and say it is more of a stable release?

1 Like

On boot of Beta 4, I actually get a “Phone has stopped working” crash dialog each time. That’s not good in my opinion, but calls still work :man_shrugging:
I find my battery is draining pretty fast now, so not sure if beta or age related.
A lot of polish in this build, with new animations and icons, plus more accent colours under dev menu.

1 Like

Just received a push for build QPP4.190502.019 on the pixel3a. is this the build you lot are using?

That’s only been published today there were issues with the previous one so they pulled it to replace with this.

1 Like

I can officially say HSBC now works on Android Q with their latest update!
:partying_face:

Beta 5 lands today, apparently!

2 Likes

Can’t wait :tada: Rocking beta 4 at the minute :eyes:

Fingers crossed that Magisk continues to function on beta 5 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Who’s excited for the dark boot logo? :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Landed :rocket:

2 Likes

No OTA yet on my P2XL… feeling impatient but don’t have time for a manual flash lol

2 Likes

Check now Simon!

2 Likes

tenor-195843752

3 Likes

Uhhhh, my phone’s not happy :sweat:

First problem of the Q betas :grimacing: no internet access and my launcher crashes over and over :joy:

Are you using a 3rd party launcher? They aren’t supported in this beta apparently :grimacing:

Nope :eyes: Just 'Pixel Launcher ’

Re-flashing now, just to see if it’s gone wonky somehow :slight_smile:

Shit.

Mine’s installing now. Hope it’s OK.

Did you do a manual flash or OTA?

1 Like

Manual flash, I can’t open any apps :sweat: I might need to learn some ADB commands to open things manually.

Hope that it’ll be alright no the Pixel 2XL! :smiley:

Phew :relieved: it’s allllll back to normal again :tada:

No clue what went wrong there :sweat_smile: let’s see if I can root my phone now!

You should’ve got the logcat and looked at the error!

I’ll update my pixel when I get back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nobody else was reporting errors so I don’t think I would’ve been very helpful :yum:

I’m back up and running with Magisk too :sunglasses:

1 Like