Android "Q" Beta Leak!

I am and have yet to find anything that would cause issues. Apart from HSBC app not working (not an issue as only use for mortgage) and the My Vodafone app thinking I no longer have an account with them everything else seems to work as usual.

1 Like

Running Q with no issues so far on my P2XL :raised_hands:t3:

4 Likes

I’m going in :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I didn’t receive any notification from monzo, even after half an hour :stuck_out_tongue:
Google Pay did work though :grin: so I’m happy with that, just a shame about the lack of monzo notifications :see_no_evil:

Yeah, Monzo notifications on Q seem to have a mind of their own. Well I guess it is Q with the issue, I have no way of testing on P anymore haha

1 Like

I got a ‘Failed to boot, your data may be corrupted’ when I restarted. Looks like it’s fine now though. :grimacing:

• Halifax banking app crashes when ‘authenticating’. I’d imagine it’s the same for Lloyd’s and Bank of Scotland apps.
  • MoneyBox, Wealthsimple and PayPal are all good.
1 Like

Phew! Never good seeing those words on screen, glad all up and running now :partying_face:

Seems to be working okay. Haven’t tested Android Pay yet but fingers crossed.

Screenshot_20190314-205105

@simonb
Did you get to the bottom of your battery issue?
Still getting 24 hours even with Q on my 2XL!

1 Like

Beta 2 is here! :raised_hands: What a brilliant day :joy: Android is seeing all the love :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Screenshot_20190403-192621

grabbed Pixel 2 XL so quickly I almost dropped it

1 Like

Screenshot_20190403-193033

Here we go

1 Like

This is what I’m most happy about :joy::joy:

Screenshot_20190403-200315

No more stupid notches in screenshots :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Sold my Pixel last Friday :frowning:

Camera is borked on my P2XL on the latest Q beta. Portrait mode crashes and doesn’t save the image. Anyone else on Q seeing this?

Working fine here.
Did you get the latest patch?
Make sure that Google Photos has permissions for Files and Photos too, as that was broken in Beta 2!

Edit: it was working fine but has now stopped! Grr haha

Edit 2: working again, tried a selfie and worked fine.
Seems to only show when seeing the photo via Google Photos and not the view finder.

1 Like

That was the problem! Cheers for the tip, all working now.

1 Like

Does the HSBC app now work on the latest Q beta? Would like to try but do need the app to work…

Nope, afraid not. I’m guessing they will need to update the app to fix the issue and they are not known for their quick updates. :pensive:

1 Like