Android "Q" Beta Leak!

Ooo, I like the little animation when swiping from bottom corners for assistant

No issues on my 2XL so far!

1 Like

Looks like the dark boot screen is a Pixel 3 exclusive at the moment lol :no_mouth:

1 Like

Same :+1: Seems snappier to me (Gesture nav) although you have to be careful swiping from the left or right in the Monzo app using new nav (to change cards/accounts) as Q picks up it is a ‘back’ command and reverts to the Android home screen.

Obviously my fingers haven’t yet adjusted to the sides of the screen area :scream: but I’ll get there.

1 Like

Google have now paused the OTA rollout for reasons related to installation issues (reportedly)

I’ve not had a single hiccup at all so far :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Took me ages to get use to swiping in the center of the screen to change cards and I still manage to close apps when swiping from the right!

2 Likes

Beta 6 :hot_coral_heart:

1 Like

They given it a name yet?

If not i’m just going to call it Android Quiche

1 Like

Now running QPP6 and all seems fine so far :crossed_fingers:

Same here :grin:

The only thing I’m sad about is the lack of Google Pay :pensive: Other than that, seems solid!

Looking forward to the final release in ~Sept :+1:

1 Like

Google Pay has worked form me since beta 5 and seems to be OK so far on beta 6.

Not sure what differences would cause it - are you rooted? (I’m not)

1 Like

Google pay has worked for me for the last few betas :+1:

1 Like

My bootloader being unlocked might not be helping things out :see_no_evil:

But I am rooted with Magisk - I do pass CTS and have got the Google services ‘hidden’ (magisk hide) from seeing root but Google Pay just yells at me and says I can’t add my card because it thinks I’m rooted or modified in some other way :disappointed:

2 Likes

A few possible workarounds on XDA

Here’s one https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/magisk-google-pay-gms-17-1-22-pie-t3929950

1 Like

Fantastic! :raised_hands: Thanks for linking this.

A mixture of this & this got me all sorted with Google Pay on Q :hot_coral_heart:

Used it a couple of times today and had no hitches, even re-added my card a couple of times just to make sure nothing was ‘triggered’ by interacting too much with GPay :+1:

1 Like