Amazon Prime

Its ok. Between that and spofity you pretty much have all the music you need. I do like that you can add music from your phone to your Prime playlist. Can I can use the web interface to push music to the Alexa’s at home.

1 Like

I love Amazon locker. Always using it as usually there’s no one at home. Don’t usually watch Prime Video, but the choice of free books they offer every month are good. I consider it good value as I order quite a bit. Can’t say I use music either.

2 Likes

I was looking at it instead of Spotify. No?

I use this almost exclusively. I say almost, because I also have music ripped from CDs which isn’t available on Prime Music.

I don’t think there’s any way to tell you if it’s suitable for you as your music requirements will be different to mine (quite modest).

The only way to get a definitive answer would be to sign up for a free trial.

For what it’s worth, I don’t like the iOS player very much.

2 Likes

I’ve barely ever had an issue with any Prime order - but I either get them delivered to work, or Doddle/Lockers - so all usually works out next day in good nick.

Any issues I have had get resolved super quickly.

Although my one gripe about Amazon nowadays is that they have SO MUCH fake/knock-off/low quality stuff, plus some of the really well reviewed items seem suspect in some cases.

Depends what you’re buying of course - but if it’s not something you’re not buying name brand - then there’s a lotta rubbish.

2 Likes

Seems like people generally have a good experience with Amazon which is cool. I can’t say we really use any of their additional services as we are more into the Google ecosystem in my house.

As for the order I mentioned in my first post. It finally turned up at Doddle after being returned to Amazon as damaged before a replacement being sent. I did have to get put through to a nice lady at Amazon Logistics who confirmed that the item arrived there as I didn’t actually receive any confirmation of this through the app/email :man_facepalming:

Reviving an ancient topic to ask a question I can’t find an answer on Google even. Amazon keeps pushing a free, 7-day trial of Amazon Prime Student to me… I haven’t been a student for absolute ages. Surely Amazon should realise that my 2 years of Prime Student ended ages ago so surely I can’t be a student anymore?

How do I make it stop, or at least make it realise that I am not a student anymore? Their interface is not the most user-friendly…

There doesn’t seem to be a way to.

I keep getting Amazon Music Unlimited offers, only to be told, when I go to claim it, that I am not eligible :man_shrugging:

Well stop shoving offers in my face then! :man_facepalming:

I’m still getting the same email and offer aswell. Strangely enough mines for 6 months free trial again.

From my understanding you can only disable all offers, not just certain ones.

If he was cancelled for his comments, I disagree with the decision. Amazon knew who they were signing and I’d argue it’s part of the Clarkson brand.

2 Likes

Never forget that Amazon hired Clarkson after he * checks notes * punched a man in the face.

4 Likes

Has anybody watched The Rig?

1 Like

Yes. Plenty of discussion in the TV Show thread :sweat_smile:

Amazon Prime Video is introducing adverts unless you pay some more money ($2.99 a month in the US)

Combined with the dumpster fire that is their UI for watching stuff, it’s just one more reason to forget it exists, in spite of having prime for delivery.

They’re doing it because Netflix and Disney both did similar… except those two introduced a lower tier that was cheaper but ad-supported. Amazon are basically just trying to get away with raising their prices.

1 Like

That may be factually correct, but isn’t really the reality.

Netflix and (especially) Disney have both increased prices before introducing their cheaper ad tiers.

I’m fairly sure that Disney Plus with ads is more than it originally cost ad free on launch.

Disney+ really hasn’t increased prices that much. As far as I can tell, it increased by £2 when Star was added.

They are introducing an ad-supported tier for £4.99 (one pound cheaper than the launch price). There will still be a plan at the current £7.99, just with a few features taken away and added to the new £10.99 plan.

It’s Netflix which has been crazy with increasing prices.

Disney Plus launched at £50 for the first year. So the same price as the ad tier.

And £5.99 to £10.99 is a far bigger % increase than Netflix, in the same time period.

If there was a special offer, which there might have been, fair enough, but the standard cost was £5.99 or £59.99 for the year. And it’s a bit tricky to compare the price increase with Netflix considering Netflix has had the different tiered plans for a lot longer whereas Disney is only just introducing them.