AirPods 2

I’ve had my eye on them for a while, and most reviews I see are almost identical to yours. With the charging case they top out at the higher end of the market now but that is Apple for you.

Might be worth setting up a new Pot :rofl::rofl:

I’ve had three other sets of wireless bluetooth headphones. Jabra Revos (which I still have) which are big over ears and are good, and couple of in-ear sets both of which were cabled together (round the back of head style).

All of them dropped out occasionally based on what I was wearing, which pocket my phone was in, etc. And occassionally they’d lose connection and need re-paired.

Not had a single issue like that with the AirPods. VERY occasionally one bud won’t connect but just wait, or pop it back in the case and then back out et voila. Almost flawless!

1 Like

What does everyone think or the airpods? Do they connect to Samsung? I’m looking to change back to iPhone next year on upgrade but want to get some decent earphones

Yes you can use airpods with a samsung phone, but they’ll just be like any other bluetooth set. You won’t get all the nice features!

True, seeing as im changing my phone next year it could be worth it

1 Like

I’ve got a pair of wireless(can be wired) over ear headphones which I wear when I’m doing heavy study sessions or on the PS4 but do fancy some wireless in-ear earphones!

1 Like

I was slightly skeptical at first, but they are very good. I’d agree with @nickh that they are incredibly handy and just work. I use them for calls at home and when traveling.

I also have the wireless Bose headphones and tend to wear them when flying / at airports.

The AirPods are more discrete, work effortlessly and I soon found them indispensable.

3 Likes

I’ll be buying them on pay day👍

1 Like

the SoundSport by Bose look interesting as do the B&O ones.

I won’t be getting the wireless charging case one as I don’t have and won’t use a wireless charging mat - was more waiting for the next version.

I’ve recently switched from an iPhone X to S10+ but I still use my Airpods with the new phone. They are good, they work perfectly with Samsung. However, I am now looking to switch to the galaxy buds, Apple seems to be getting even more expensive now, and I could justify the extra money for a wireless case!

1 Like

Sounds quality has always been the issue for me, always perceived they sounded rubbish for the money, especially when I could get a pair of wireless cans or Shure for about the same price.

Happy to be told they actually sound great.

They sound good.

Not sure what your definition of ‘great’ is, but for my ears they are happily good enough when you take into account convenience etc.

I’ve let a friend who works in the ‘sound and light’ industry (he has personalised moulded earphones with unique drivers) have a shot and he was impressed, if that helps?

Maybe check out TheWireCutter review?

2 Likes

I am guessing the Airpods case will take the old ones and if so I will buy that

Yep you can buy just the case which is £79 I think!

I’m just comparing the shures I’ve got now, which is a decent benchmark for sounds and isolation

I got my AirPods when they first came out and use them all the time… the battery after 2 years of use, however, is shocking now… the AirPods last about an hour and the case charges them up again once…

I’ve been waiting so long for new AirPods to upgrade but these just don’t cut it for me… £200 for not much improvement is a shame really :frowning:

3 Likes

I purchased my AirPods two years ago in the US, and I’ve used them pretty much every day since. I ordered the new AirPods with charging case today, and I’m passing my old pair onto my Father. Recommend to everyone.

Out of interest, where did you purchase them?

1 Like

Are you seeing the same battery issues?

I got mine while I was in Canada from BestBuy… they are amazing and I love them so much! I might just have to upgrade… I’d also invest in a case to protect them as mine got pretty scratched up in my pocket :upside_down_face:

I read an article that reviewed the Airpods two years on from purchase. It was published on 9to5 mac a few months ago. Unfortunately I can’t locate it now.

The writer was planning to upgrade his Airpods when the new ones came out. He did however claim the 2 year old headphones barely lasted an hour now and had become increasingly harder to use as a consequence. Your compliant isn’t unique.

£199 every two years? Nah thanks.

Not seeing battery issues at all, I’m 22 months with the AirPods…

Also the improvements are largely internal, a new chip, etc. Might be worth buy a ‘new’ set of the current ones once the price drops?

2 Likes