Air Fryers

I use mine loads, the novelty hasn’t worn off.

You should listen to this: Sliced Bread - Air Fryers - BBC Sounds

1 Like

Thanks. It’s what sparked my interest. I’ve also watched about 4 million YouTube videos.

It’s cheaper to run one then having to use the main oven, so go for it. Really easy and handy to use.

2 Likes

We are going to borrow one off someone who doesn’t use theirs to see if it’s a worthwhile investment.

Possibly end up buying theirs off them as it’s currently in their attic :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We’ll need to measure up. We don’t have a lot of work surface spare.

1 Like

We use our :ninja:t6: multiple times per day. Our oven is only switched on for really big meals where we need the space.

The speed of cooking is key for us. The fact it also saves :moneybag: is the :cherries: on top.

Definitely not a fad.

1 Like

Just make sure you don’t use the man inches scale or it’ll be totally off :eyes::sweat_smile:

Tbf mine lives in a cupboard and I just get it out when I need to use it.

2 Likes

I have a :ninja: problem.

Ninja Foodi 10-in-1 Multifunction Oven
Ninja Foodi Health Grill & Air Fryer
Ninja Foodi Blender & Soup Maker
Ninja 3-in-1 Food Processor with Auto-IQ

They do a kettle, might get that next. I’ve not owned a kettle for years though :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Non gendered centimetres will do me fine. :wink:

1 Like

Now I need to learn an entire new form of measurement :sob::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ok now it’s been a while for y’all, what air fryer do you recommend? Interested if you kept yours, recommend an air fryer at all or think there’s something better :slight_smile:

We have the Ninja, which was quite pricey.

But if I was buying another, I think this Gourmia from Costco would do the job just as well.

2 Likes

I have a 4.5L Dido airfryer off Amazon, works well, for £60

1 Like

I have this Tefal one.

It’s fine, but I think I paid closer to £90/£100 for it rather than the current £69.99.

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it. It does the job just fine. For 2 adults and a toddler it’s fine, but I do sometimes wish we had a slightly larger (wider?) tray.

If we’re doing stuff like chicken, sometimes we have to get a bit inventive with how we lay out the pieces so they all fit without being stacked.

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/tefal-easy-fry-2in1-precision-ey505827-air-fryer-black-10229268.html

They do a toaster too: ‘Foodi 3-in-1 Toaster, Grill & Panini Press’

I love my air fryer, only problem is not big enough for pizza’s

1 Like

I have the ninja air fryer with the temperature probe, it’s really nice for chicken so I don’t need to be paranoid and impatient and cut it open 5 times to check it, worth it for that alone, it also does steaks to your preference.

1 Like

I think that’s the one we have.

Try reheating some chips from a Chinese take out in it. Your kitchen will smell of KFC. You’ve no idea what that’s like when you live on an island in the middle of nowhere without a KFC.

2 Likes

We’ve got this one from Costco and cannot fault it. If you have a membership card they are normally available in the Warehouse for £44.99 which is a bit cheaper than buying online

2 Likes

I’ve been using an air fryer, specifically the Ninja brand, and I can share my experience with you. It’s true that air fryers are designed to provide a quicker and potentially healthier alternative to traditional frying methods. They use hot air circulation to cook food, which can result in a crispy texture similar to frying but with less oil.

In my experience, the Ninja air fryer has been quite versatile. It’s great for cooking frozen foods like fries and chicken nuggets, and it can also handle fresh items like vegetables and even baking tasks. The cooking time is generally faster than using an oven, and there’s less oil involved, making it appealing for healthier cooking.

However, it’s important to note that not all dishes work equally well in an air fryer. While it’s excellent for certain foods, it might not replace all your cooking appliances. Make sure to read reviews, consider the types of dishes you frequently cook, and evaluate your cooking needs before making a decision.

Overall, I’ve found the Ninja air fryer to be a useful addition to my kitchen, especially for quick and healthier meal options. It’s worth researching and reading more user reviews to determine if it’s the right fit for your cooking style and preferences.

4 Likes