Advanced money management tools for joint accounts šŸ†•

Thanks @davidwalton :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it possible to manually add a virtual card to my partners Apple wallet so they can use it too?

Yes! Iā€™ve done exactly this

1 Like

Very happy after all this time to hear this news, and I will be trialling the virtual cards asap! Custom categories (with limited experience for partner) is excellent to see and google spreadsheet outputs are the cherry on top.

My only gripe, and I am sorry that I have one, is that in the preceding wilderness years we were forced to look elsewhere for a joint solution for payments from pots (including virtual cards), so while not ideal, we also now have a JA with Starling which services a chunk of our monthly budget to cover grocery spend and ā€œentertainmentā€œ monthly repeat purchases. I can see only a small part of this moving back to Monzo as this is running relatively well and without additional charge. I do get the paywall on some of the other features mentioned but competitors have beat you to the mark here and Monzo still comes up short regarding virtual cards and pot payments (something Monzo led the way with for personal accounts in the very beginning).

I do hope this is the start of things to come, and really am pleased to see these features now being rolled out to JAs as I had previously considered cancelling my perks(now extra) account but this might encourage me now to upgrade if changes continue to be made.

1 Like

Hi. I moved most of my subscriptions from my personal to joint account. One of them was paid this evening. However, itā€™s missing from where Iā€™d expect it to show up. Under my personal account pot, I see payments under ā€˜card subscriptionsā€™ in upcoming scheduled payments. On my joint account, thereā€™s a list of direct debits but the ā€˜card subscriptionsā€™ section is missing. Iā€™ve marked the payment as a repeating one - not sure if thereā€™s anything else I need to do? Is it shown elsewhere in the joint account instead?

1 Like

It did on my personal account, around 2 years ago :grin:

Not sure, how it would be now tbh :thinking:

Good news, however, even though custom categories are now available in Joint accounts the ability to assign multiple categories to a single transaction is not (which is a feature available in personal accounts). Is this feature in development for joint accounts and when will it be released please?

1 Like

Surely as someone that pays for max plus family then all features should be available to both.

Please allow paying for Extra from a joint account.

3 Likes

Absofintechlutely

2 Likes

This looks great. Next update I would like to see a joint account with the ability to add another person to it. So an account that three people has access to? Is this something thatā€™s in the Monzo pipeline?

1 Like

I get the free accounts part of this statementā€¦ but not giving this to other customers on (esp Premium- not inexpensive) accounts? Bit harsh imo.

1 Like

Not upgrading to the new products and expecting to get functionality retrospectively given to you - bit hash imo.

1 Like

Is this not a retrospective upgrade to the new suite of products?

No. Itā€™s an upgrade to the existing tier of paid accounts.

Youā€™re asking for an upgrade to no-longer offered paid accounts. Something that rarely (if ever) happens. :slight_smile: If you want to make use of the paid-for options on your joint accounts, change tier to one that offers that support.

I donā€™t think itā€™s unfair of Monzo to not offer it to Plus/Premium accounts ā€“ I think itā€™s unfair that Monzo didnā€™t do it at the time with the previous paid accounts. But theyā€™ve done it now & I donā€™t feel they should account for legacy offerings in their new functionality. Itā€™s all there to upsell you to the new package - not to give you ways to stick with your old tier (which they probably really donā€™t want people to keep)

1 Like

Just to add to this, the number of upcoming scheduled payments is increasing as more bills are paid from the pot but thereā€™s now no way to see what those payments are.

Tap on the (Joint account) Bills pot, then tap on ā€˜Upcomingā€™ to see all the Direct Debits, Standing orders & Schedules payments to be paid before the currently active cycle ends.

You wonā€™t see any subscriptions in that listing because they canā€™t be paid from a bills pot.

Soz if Iā€™ve misunderstood the JA Bills pot scheduled payments youā€™re experiencing.

1 Like

My understanding was that they can now be paid from a bills pot (with a virtual card attached) as part of the feature being enabled for joint accounts.

I was able to create a virtual card for my bills pot and use it to pay for subscriptions. Everything works as expected except the ability to view the subscriptions. I would now expect to see the subscriptions in the area you mention - as I can on my personal account.

2 Likes

Hey @twigusa, we believe it was a bug which weā€™ve now fixed and is in the process of being rolled out. Could you please check again later today and let me know if the issue is still there? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nothing showing as yet. Iā€™m on the latest testflight (5.82.0) on iOS and Iā€™ve force quit and relaunched the app a few times.