Active card check for door dash in the USA, my account is a UK account

Hi just after some advice.

Just had an active card check for Doordash which operates in America only. I’ve not been to America or used the service. Has my card been compromised?

Will monzo pick this up as fraud with the their data showing I’m not in the USA?

Yes your card has been compromised. Block and replace as soon as possible.

When you get your new card, don’t choose the option on activation to update your merchants with the new card details, you’ll need to do it manually.

Monzo will see the check but won’t automatically block your card as it could genuinely be you purchasing something.

2 Likes

Hello, I have had the same issue.
A new cared was delivered to me. I used its number twice (once on amazon, once on a private transaction) and now I have received another Doordash active card check notification.

What’s happening?

1 Like

Block in app and request a new card. It’s likely compromised somehow.

As a tip, in the future, if you have plus, you can create a virtual card for this purpose, and use it, that way if its compromised you can delete it without affecting the physical card

Thank you. I just don’t understand how this could have happened in such a short time and with the same active checker—which doesn’t seem to have affected only me. I wonder how is Doordash being used in that regard.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Ask monzo to block the merchant.

How do you ask Monzo to block the Merchant?

You can do it yourself, if you enable the ‘block’ spending option in Monzo labs

Message monzo and they can do it.

Doesn’t always work and if you’re in contract with the merchant you still have an obligation to pay them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.