Account Blocked longer than app stated

I verified my account. The message said that it would take a minute or two. It’s been several minutes and my account still remains blocked. What can I do to unblock my account?

1 Like

Wait or ask support. Those are your two options.

1 Like

What message was it? Was this as part of sign up? Or did you have an open account and it get blocked temporarily while further investigations were made?

Either way, as @Revels said, you gotta wait.

Hi Matt,

Is this relating to a newly created account, or a check that’s been prompted to be completed for an account you’ve held a while?

Once someone has had chance to review the information provided you’ll be updated.

If it’s been over a week and you’ve no access to the chat function, drop an email from your registered address to help@monzo.com explaining so someone can take a look.

I know this was one year ago but sometimes this can take some time.

For me personally it did not take too long, it was a shock though when I verified my card PIN when switching to Android however and then the account being blocked.

1 Like

I’m sure it’s not taken a year.

5 Likes

One time I was locked out for about 3 hours for them to verify my ID after I set up the app on a new phone, and then it was all fine. Usually it’s only been seconds.

My guess is sometimes the AI system needs a human to review the video to make sure it’s okay!