A report describes high turnover and toxic workplace culture at finance startup Revolut

Looks like things aren’t going over too well at Revolut.

“Another alleged that the company turned off anti-money laundering software”

2 Likes

After reading the article and after the wave of bad PR they’ve had recently, I decided to checkout Revolut on Glassdoor.

Weirdly enough, they’ve had 6 employee ratings today! And they’re all pretty positive. Coincidence? :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

I think the more interesting bit are the allegations it switched off their anti money laundering software for 3 months

1 Like

He also says that the company has reviewed all of the transactions that occurred during that period, and that no money laundering had occurred.

No money laundering in a three-month period? At all?

Pull the other one, it’s got bells on.

5 Likes

And now an accusation of actively helping to facilitate or cover up fraud:

:eyes: :popcorn:

7 Likes

They’re having a bad time of it of late, aren’t they?

4 Likes

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest.

Given what I have read about these guys in the past they have a real, ask for permission later approach that I don’t like.

I hope someone stops them before it becomes a serious issue.

1 Like

This is a very simplistic take but when startups gain large sums of revenue it can often taint their view on things. The focus becomes less on making a product on people love and more about chasing that next investment round and increasing profit margins

1 Like

Totally agree! I really hope Monzo don’t get tempted to take the easy road!

4 Likes

Wow - this Revolut stuff really seems to be picking up steam doesn’t it.

Saw a few articles about them supposedly lining up a $500m funding round with Softbank late last year - not surprising it doesn’t seem to have materialized given all this. They could be in a very precarious situation if they’re not able to raise funding while these investigations are going on - and they’re well known to be burning through capital very quickly…

1 Like