1Password

Absolutely love 1Password and pay for the Families version. It’s worth every penny.

Obviously great for storing logins and strong passwords but also any private info it’s usefuk to have at your fingertips (credit cards, passport info, NI numbers, bank account details, life insurance…).

Also just gives me peace of mind that if something were to happy to me, the Mrs would still have access to everything without any issues. Without it she’d probably have no idea of the sheer number of logins we have for everything.

It’s also helped me to up my Mum’s security game too. I feel better knowing she’s not just using password123 for every account she has.

1 Like

If you get family can you still keep things private? Do you just share a vault?

You have individual vaults and can share amongst the family too.

Everyone has their own private vault which only they can see. But you can also make additional vaults and grant access to them on a selective basis.

I also act as the admin so when someone forgets their password I can reset their account without having access to their info.

I tried to move to 1Password earlier this year but they don’t pre-fill login boxes like LastPass does. You have to actively click with 1Password but don’t with LastPass, creating unnecessary steps. So I moved back.

I currently use Lastpass and have done for years. I have many problems with it on Android. Autofill seems to be worse than ever and it seems to crash A LOT. I have reported the issues numbers of times (going back 6 months) but they seem incapable of fixing them.

I am looking to move to another password manager currently as it seems to be more of hindrance than a help currently

How easy is it to move, I wonder.

You can export all your passwords and re-import them elsewhere. No idea how well it works though!

Personally I use LastPass. With the iOS12 update, autofilling with lastpass is now an option and I love it. Easy as ever!

2 Likes

Have you had any issues with this? As I’ve set it up on my iPhone but when I autofill the password it makes me put my master password in every time … might as well just put my normal password if that’s going to happen every time!

Go into the app and then settings\security. I use FaceID on my X so it prompts me for Face ID each time. Maybe just check your settings, eg. turn on remember master and turn off Log Out on close if enabled? Worth a review of your settings :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah will try that - I had a look through and couldn’t see any setting that would just autofill it! Cheer!!

1 Like

When I click the Autofill, it redirects me to Lastpass and just uses my preferred authentication method which is FaceID (so may differ depending on how it opens when you open the app I believe). But from tapping it, the process is seemless. Np

I moved from Lasspass to 1Password last year. There few rough edges but most of my data was moved across just fine.

https://support.1password.com/import-lastpass/

1Password in my opinion is just so much better at handling multiple platforms. I have a MacBook Pro, a work Windows PC, work iPhone and a personal Android phone. Lasspass just wasn’t great on MacBook 1Password is great all round.

On Mac, there’s a key press that fills in logins for you. Command-Backslash. OSX no longer lets apps submit forms on pages due to security issues so you have to manually click submit. I think the command is similar on windows but I’ve not used it in some time.

Anyone tried Dashlane? I’m still undecided between 1Password and Dashlane…

I was going to ask the same thing. The reviews I have read seem to think Dashlane is better :open_mouth:

Exactly. But plenty of them seems like “paid” reviews. This is why I was looking for some honest feedback from fellow Monzo users :smiley:

Am I the only one using Google auto fill on Android, and save passwords on chrome.

I love how I can access all of them on passwords.google.com from any device

Although they don’t advertise it, they have a 30 day free trial for premium (needed for multiple devices).

I downloaded it this morning and imported my Lastpass data (was really easy!). First impressions are great. Seems more seamless than Lastpass. Haven’t used it much on Android yet so I will keep you posted!