Yearly view in Trends

:wave: This is out to all users now, hope you enjoy it!

14 Likes

It’s like year in Monzo without the fun bits

Just guilt and shame :disappointed:

8 Likes

Stiff gulp at some of those figures!

Now I want to import old data so I’ve a longer time period to play with :joy:

(Speaking of which, I hope that connected account data is kept indefinitely otherwise this loses some utility!)

2 Likes

As long as your account is connected you can keep seeing the transactions we fetched for it (even if we could no longer fetch them now)

7 Likes

Thank you!

So if I moved credit cards, would the advice be not to disconnect the old one, just leave it hanging?

1 Like

So this is excellent. Much love. :hot_coral_heart:

Aside from wanting to pull in old data, I find myself wanting to drill down from year to month to transaction level. And also (because I’m that person) to vary the year (so financial year or rolling last 12 months, or November to November).

I’m also keen for a month by month view: show me the February for the last years together so I can see how like for like compares!

4 Likes

Is Trends still a Plus/Premium customer thing or is it for all customers yet?

There’s a few people here, me included, who don’t have it at all.

4 Likes

Horrendous isn’t it.

I know what I earn, I know how much I have saved so it stands to reason that the difference has been spent. And living is expensive, so I shouldn’t be shocked.

But seeing that headline number feels like such a “What a lot of money and what do I have to show for it”

7 Likes

Same as last time:

Thanks for confirming that.
At the moment we don’t have a date when this setting will be available to all users. We need to thoroughly test this before we can confidently roll it out to everyone. I’m really sorry for the inconvenience :pray:

3 Likes

@avb is there a bit of a disconnect between support and your team? Or are you holding out on roll out (of Trends as a whole, not the Yearly view) for some users?

@the_big_M unless we can get it sorted here, I think you’ll have to raise a complaint. Something isn’t right, but you seem caught behind a support stonewall. :pensive:

I have it now and :scream:

4 Likes

Agree with all of this!

Think rolling view and direct month to month comparison would be my most-wanted!

I can swipe between months and years on the main views, but still can’t when I’m in a category.

I’m on iOS latest version. @Peter_G could I request a poll to see how this is rolling out?

1 Like

I have it now too (Year view, not side-swiping) and double :scream::scream:

3 Likes

I think everyone should have it now? But let’s see!

• I have years in Trends
  • I have Trends but no years
  • I don’t even have Trends :disappointed_relieved:
0 voters

Can you not swipe between months/years? I can (on Android)…

I’ve just got the swiping as of today (iOS) and it makes such a massive difference to the usability! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

I can swipe between months/years on the period picker display (now that I have years, which helps…) but I can’t swipe between the selected years/months from the main Trends display as shown above by @StuartL

I’m thinking this is an iOS exclusive at this point?

:running_man: Runs off to check feature flags…
EDIT:
:running_man: Runs back with answer - found it:

<boolean name="trends_period_swiping_enabled" value="false" />

I guess I have to wait for that to be switched to ‘true’. If you let me completely hack your phone, I could see if yours was set to ‘true’ :grimacing:

1 Like

Afraid not - I can do that on Android. (And I think @StuartL said he was on Android, too?)

2 Likes

I totally missed the Android reference in @StuartL’s post! Assumed it was iOS for some crazy reason.

I just edited my previous post with the results of my unbelievably complex investigation - I have to wait! :soon::scream:

3 Likes

Ah thank you and sorry!

I meant the swiping whilst drilled down into categories specifically :grimacing:

1 Like