Yearly view in Trends

Doh :man_facepalming:

Can you use the graphs on Trends to swipe between months and years?

• Yes (iOS)
  • Yes (Android)
  • No (I have Plus/Premum and am on iOS)
  • No (I have Plus/Premum and am on Android)
  • No (because I don’t have Plus/Premium)
  • No (I don’t even have Trends)

0 voters

How’s that for you? :bowing_man:

2 Likes

Hey Adam, could you confirm if Trends should be available for all users? Me and some other people on this thread still don’t have it yet :frowning:

1 Like

I can swipe between months/years, but not when I have drilled into a category yet. Do some people have that additional functionality?

I do! So many polling variations…

(Also, come on Monzo, there’s an effective roll out and there’s experimenting on your users. The latter ain’t cool).

1 Like

That’s basically the feeling isn’t it… I’ve dumped all the data out into Excel multiple times before, so I am not sure why I should be surprised at all. But, well, somehow I am regardless.

As I click around I feel like I want some sort of a pie chart, somehow. Also the lack of CUSTOM CATEGORIES (joint account) ahem makes some of the months stand out in ways that they probably shouldn’t. I don’t want to completely exclude these payments as they are real expenses, but they are often one-off large things that don’t really fit. Lumped into “general” for the most part at the moment.

Related is that it’s kind of annoying that some “lumpy” payments; for instance per-term nursery payments, all come in particular months and aren’t smoothed out. It would be nice to be able to see those in a yearly way without viewing them via a month-framed interface. It would also be nice to be able to somehoe segment known recurring payments from ad-hoc things. It’s a little like discretionary vs mandatory, but not exactly the same. It’s mandatory to get the two-yearly major service on your car, but it’s also kind of lumpy and noisey and distorts the graphs. So it would be nice to split those payments apart, somehow.

3 Likes

Just for those who are still having issues with Trends - are you able to confirm the app version you’re currently using? Have we tried all the standard force closing steps?

2 Likes

Is there a way to automagically have movements between pots and the current account (eg round ups, transfer) categorised as ‘savings’?

They currently predominantly seem to be categorising themselves as ‘transfers’ which is throwing my savings / transfers split out of kilter.

There doesn’t seem to be any ‘future transactions’ option appearing when I recategorise :man_shrugging:

Cheers all!

2 Likes

Yeah it’s very annoying. I still can’t quite understand why they developed batch category changes that don’t work for all transactions.

1 Like

Agreed. I’m very firmly in the ‘transfers should net out to £nil’ camp, assuming you have connected accounts which capture all your accounts.

I have pots galore where I squirrel away a little bit each month to cover big items of forthcoming expenditure, the idea being I save up, withdraw the savings, and use this to offset expenditure of the same amount.

All my pot transfers (including roundups) should therefore be ‘savings’. Unfortunately, the only way I can get this to work is to go back and historically recategorise thousands of pot movements one-by-one :sob:

Edit: Otherwise, the yearly graph is super! More developments and analysis like this please!

1 Like

@Harry20 @hdwrng @the_big_M @projectfortytwo

Let’s try and get this solved for you :muscle:

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure if he was referring to those that don’t have Trends. No one has given a straight answer as to whether us not having Trends is a bug or not.

1 Like

Thanks Alan, I am using the latest version of the app on iOS, 4.19.0, build #811

@Peter_G thanks for the support :slight_smile:

1 Like

4.19.0 on Android here. Thanks!

1 Like

:tada::tada::tada:

v4.20.0 on Android and SWIPE LEFT, SWIPE RIGHT is here for me in Trends :ok_hand:
Not such a long wait after all :soon::back:

5 Likes

Now on 4.20.0 but as far as I can see, no Trends. Though I’m not absolutely sure where I should look for it.

If you have it (on Android), you can’t miss it - it’s next to the ‘Home’ selector in the bottom nav-bar:

Screenshot_20220224-211410

1 Like

Ah! Thanks.

make sure you have it turned on in the labs seciont also :slight_smile:

That’s the weird thing - I never had this option in labs, whereas some people report that’s where it is enabled?

1 Like

No, there’s no toggle for that in Labs.