XBOX Series X

So Microsoft have just announced their next gen of console: the Xbox Series X
What do you think? I used to be a big gamer but life got in the way - this has me genuinely hyped for a new console and hopefully getting stuck back into it.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/xbox-series-x

2 Likes

I’m currently heavily invested in my PC so recently enjoying the Xbox Games pass available on it too.

Do we know the specs of this new Xbox yet?

1 Like

I love the design of it! It’s very different to consoles thus far, it’s not one to hide away.

1 Like

it’s all about the teraflops

1 Like

Waiting for the PS5 personally!

9 Likes

I had a 360 and thought it was great, but given how badly their run up to xbox one went, I switched to PS4.

Unless playstation drop the ball in similar fashion, I’ll probably go with PS5 to keep my games.

2 Likes

Nope PS5 for me, that looks like the start of the design towards a PC tower to me :joy:

We’re all agreed on calling this the SeX Box, right?

3 Likes

I like the design of this Xbox. I’ll wait for Sony to announce before I 100% commit - I do have a soft spot for Xbox though.

I love the controller and many fond memories of Halo/Gears of War.

I believe Microsoft will have largely learned from their Xbox One launch and how it hamstrung them.

Xbox and their game pass/cross play with PC makes it less and less relevant to me. What has always sold me on Playstation was their exclusive studios. Still neat to see it finally. Super curious what the PS5 will look like.

1 Like

It looks like someone tried to build a 2013 Mac Pro in Minecraft.

2 Likes

Already created a savings pot for this!

1 Like

Yep.

Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch alone make it worth the buy. Uncharted series (I’m sceptical the series is over), The Last of Us, and Infamous are among the best games I’ve ever played.

Plus, after 18 years, PlayStation was the console that finally landed Shenmue 3. If there’s to be a Shenmue 4 it would undoubtedly be with Sony also.

And although RGG Studios (Yakuza etc) aren’t exclusive to Sony, right now PlayStation is the only platform where you can play all of their games.

3 Likes

PC Master Race

1 Like

3 Likes

I really hope it isn’t. I’m a latecomer to this game series but I love Tomb Raider and so obviously love Uncharted now.

I heard the rumours about his daughter continuing the franchise which I keep my fingers crossed for.

1 Like
2 Likes

Waiting for the PS5 and the release of GTA6

1 Like

I love Xbox, I would always choose Xbox over ps any day, but I do not like the design of the Xbox series X, it’s too tall and looks like a mini fridge, I personally prefer the Xbox one x.

1 Like

I’ve just made a new round up pot to start the saving for the Xbox Series X! Hope to rapidly increase the savings with the roundup accelerator coming with Monzo Plus.

Been an xbox player since the og xbox.

I don’t buy into the whole console war thing, I think people should just play where they want and what they prefer, if console exclusive games weren’t a thing, the gaming world would be a better place.

I play Xbox because the OS is miles better in my opinion, i prefer the feel of the controller and I play where my friends are (At least until CrossPlay is reliable and consistent across all 3rd party games)

1 Like