Woohoo, kerv finally arrived

If you put the source on github I’d be interested in contributing.

Sure, I’ll chuck it up today

I use iOS, would be interested in testing once you have it ported!

1 Like

@neilpimley I’ve put the source up at https://github.com/podgib/ring/ It’s written in C#, with Xamarin. You’ll need visual studio to build. Virtually no documentation yet, so if you need help, do message me. I’ll flesh things out, but as it stand it’s literally code I wrote to implement something I wanted :slight_smile:

Would love some extra hands on it if you want to contribute!

1 Like

I must regretfully advise caution regarding kerv as a company now. In the last GPS outage, my curve was declined at M&S but it debited from my kerv account. I sent a picture of the declined receipt the same day to kerv customer services. They have been slow to respond and just say they are ‘checking it’.

It is almost 2 weeks. I sent proof. The refund should have been immediate.

4 Likes

Hmmm, I wonder what reach this community has?

I received a temporary credit from kerv as the refund hasn’t yet come through from M&S. They couldn’t give me the exact amount only in £10 increments!

It would be great if Monzo offered a payment ring in addition to a traditionally-shaped payment card.

I have a Kerv payment ring which I use for nearly all payments in stores and on public transport. it’s just so convenient that I rarely use any other physical card. I would really like to be taking advantage of Monzo’s spending breakdowns but unfortunately it’s not possible to link the ring for use with other cards.

While I love the Kerv product, poor customer service means that I have very little trust in the Kerv organisation and so am wary of advocating a partnership with them.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree - a payment ring with monzo backend would be perfect

1 Like

I use the watch strap one on my Apple Watch, use it mostly for coffee and petrol when I fill up my Vespa for commuting to station. image

1 Like

You could put it on your Fitbit and then have a choice of paying by debit or prepay :wink:

1 Like

Kerv is seriously annoying me now.

I got black friday emails about making orders, i recently got emails promoting to order before Christmas, yet i’m still waiting for some Kickstarter ones to be dispatched (it appears i’m not the only one too).

I wouldn’t mind, but ‘Simeon Tuitt’ from contactlesspaymentring.co.uk seems to consistently get stock he can sell on eBay / his own website. Any email to Kerv regarding kickstarter orders seems to get no response at all, yet if you email about an existing ring, you do get a response eventually. This probably means they are actually choosing to ignore any emails about KS orders :cry:

Wow, I’m really surprised about that, I did have to kick up a fuss to get my kickstarter ring, but I got it months ago.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/kerv-contactless-payment-ring-/182830646474

It’s just one of many on eBay

He seems to be making a ‘living’ out of this - selling an app for Kerv for £50 @podgib published one for free

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kerv-Life-Contactless-Ring-Payment-Ring-Balance-Checking-App-From-Simeon-Tuitt-/182702447552

1 Like

I think my favourite thing about his app is not that he charges £50 - I’m not against charging for software, although £50 is steep. The most bizarre thing is that if you pay £50 for his app, which looks like it’s basically a web view, he then distributes it by posting it on a CD :tada:

Also, he talks about how he doesn’t have time to jump through all the hoops to put it on the play store. It literally took me about 13 minutes.

2 Likes

This guy seems like a proper defination of an online fraudster… I have written to eBay but not sure they will do do anything about this because I have not bought anything from him.

Do you know how Kerv will prtact you from fraud - I am sure there will be some sort of limit on spending or usage.

It’s prepaid so the limit is how much money I have on the account. I tend to keep it to less than £100.