Woohoo, kerv finally arrived

Backed this and have still not received it. Backer site still down and no replies to any communications.

1 Like

Have you tried contacting kerv support? I found them responsive: support@kerv.com

Thanks for coming back so quick, but Iā€™ve tried a couple of times and only get the automated reply.

1 Like

Did you ever get anywhere?

My first ring broke, they replaced it for free, but after weeks and weeks of saying ā€˜weā€™ll post one this weekā€™ I finally got a replacement in the post :slight_smile:

@DaveTMG have you been able to view your TFL journeys on the TFL site? I linked the ā€˜virtual cardā€™, but the journeys donā€™t show up. It seems the ring has a different ID, but I canā€™t view full ID on their website. Have you tried this?

Iā€™ve had real issues using it on TFL as I originally tried to use it before it was fully activated and managed to get it locked by TFL. I donā€™t go into London enough to get it sortedā€¦

So has it been worth it?

bPay is better as you can view full PAN and CCV online for setting up TfL account

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s what Iā€™d want but unfortunately I donā€™t like any of the bpay dongles :frowning:

Iā€™ve only had it for a few days. So far I love the hardware, and itā€™s worked flawlessly, worth it from that perspective. Unfortunately their website is terribleā€¦ Iā€™ll probably make a mobile app for it when I have a bit of time

They now have a key ring, a watch strap dongle, two colours of bracelet, and two colours of sticker. But they considering premium options at the moment

Humā€¦ Non-starter for me as I only wear a wedding band - does it really look as much as a kidā€™s toy as the pictures suggest?

1 Like

the kerv looked like a ring my kid got from a xmas cracker so I sent it back

3 Likes

I do like it, and it gets attention most places I use it.

But the web site is dreadful - the transaction information very skimpy, and it fails often enough that you couldnā€™t rely on it without a back up.

1 Like

Having same issue. No payment or journey history on TFL website. TFl told me to remove and re-add the card but I donā€™t think this will solve it.

Yeah thatā€™s because the kerv ring is a separate device to the virtual card, so linking the virtual card doesnā€™t give you travel history for the ring.

I asked Kerv about it - they tell me this functionality is on the way, but I donā€™t know when.

Thanks, no point in contacting TFL again then.

Doesnā€™t look like Kerv have a big dev team or theyā€™d have an app so Iā€™ll not hold my breath for it. Logging in via the mobile website it laborious. I contacted their support and offered to create an Alexa skill for them to check the card balance but they didnā€™t get back to me. ā€œAlexa, ask Kerv what my balance is?ā€ Their website it built in Umbraco so it would be straightforward to add a WebApiController and implement account linking with the alexa.

Yeah I was sick of it so I started building a mobile app on the weekend. You can login and view transactions but itā€™s pretty basic and buggy - already more user friendly than their mobile website though

1 Like

Did you just screen scrape the balance?

Yeah, and thereā€™s an Ajax endpoint they use when you switch devices on the transactions page so using that for transaction data

@neilpimley and @DaveTMG (and anyone else) if you happen to be on Android, I published my Kerv app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.geoffp.Kerv

Itā€™s quite limited, and I have no graphic design skills whatsoever, but you might find it useful. If youā€™re on iOS, Iā€™m planning to port it over when I get some time.

3 Likes