Wiki: Current Account Switching Incentives šŸ’ø

Thank you both!

You can but then you won’t get the free Disney+ :frowning:

2 Likes

Be aware that the NatWest/RBS offer is coming to an end on the 2nd of April


Latest weekly email: It’s Meter Reading Week (moneysavingexpert.com)

:radioactive: Lloyds closes tonight. (Might already be too late?)

Wouldn’t bank on Santander for much longer either. I gather that they generally only run them for a week or so.

With Santander, do I need to wait for the switch to complete before I deposit the £1500?

No, just at any point in time.

1 Like

Anyone had any luck with FD offer having already opened HSBC? I have never had a HSBC switch offer before. But I did open HSBC accounts in the past two years.

You can’t get the First Direct offer if you’ve had a HSBC account since 2018.

Potentially a silly question about the Santander offer. Unlike FD, it doesn’t say that I have to leave Ā£1500 in for any set period of time. So could I for example move Ā£500 in and out three times?

Yes, that’s how these things work.

1 Like

:radioactive: NatWest, RBS and Ulster closes tonight.

1 Like

I think it’s all down to chancing.

In the past I received the HSBC offers and opened a FD account and still got the bonus despite it being ā€˜prohibited’

No longer on the website, so I’ll pull it from the table at the top of this thread.

1 Like

That will be interesting. I’ve initiated the switch (with DDs in place) but currently on holiday and the internet banking details hadn’t arrived before I left so I have no real way of knowing what the status of the account is yet! Haven’t done the transfer yet either because I want to see that the money has actually gone in…

I’m in the same boat. Haven’t received card or banking details yet in the post so will not transfer funds until I do so.

The account has actually opened though and I do have switch date confirmed so I’m assuming they’ll honor all processes started before the offer was pulled.

1 Like

Quick Rant!

I am very pis*ed off with Monzo as they told me that my Switch to Santander has been denied and they haven’t given me a reason or anything.

Now I can’t get the switching money from Santander as Monzo denied the switch for some reason.

I have looked at the Monzo Account and I don’t see anything that could stop me.

I am not overdrawn, I closed my Investment Pot, I moved out all of my savings. I dont know what the hell Monzo is doing and not letting me switch.

I am going into my local Santander Branch tomorrow. To try and sort all of this out and maybe hopefully if i explain to Santander what has happened then maybe I can get the money. I’m not sure thou!

Rant Over!

2 Likes

Yep. A lot of offers and limited edition stuff with Santander don’t last too long.

Don’t know where I got Santander from then :joy:

If monzo have denied the switch, opposed to something just gone wrong, then raising a complaint to Monzo would be the first step.

It could be name, date of birth, address, a minor spelling mistake or wrong date entered.

If there’s actually no error and it was accident, you’re now at financial loss (switching bonus), as well as distress and inconvenience, so it will likely be upheld (no guarantee), unless there is an error as noted above - the data held by Santander not matching monzo.

2 Likes