Wiki: Current Account Switching Incentives 💸

RBS loves me not :frowning:

60 days on the dot, Santander have paid out. Lovely stuff.

4 Likes

Halifax paid out. TSB due by 21 April.

Just need to put my ÂŁ1,250 into NatWest and then should get that shortly.

But main point of the post is just how shocked I have been using these legacy banks for even a minute. NatWest here not letting me use biometrics, which are in their words my “strongest password”, because I haven’t used the app enough???

Insane.

2 Likes

Interesting. Ulster let me set biometrics up the day I accessed the app.

Also, RBS finally paid my ransom.

2 Likes

Finally! Where next?

I’ve set up FaceID straight away on all my accounts, so much easier not having to remember the details.

1 Like

Nowhere, it’s the end of the road. I’m still waiting for £525 from Ulster, Santander and TSB but that’s me done with all the banks. My credit report needs to recover from this.

2 Likes

14 Likes

Santander paid out today.

So that’s both Santander and Halifax paid out.

Not eligible for FirstDirect as I opened a HSBC account in the past two years…

Need another bank to pop up now with an offer. I have never done TSB, Nationwide, Bank of Scotland, metro or barclays. Although I dont really see many offers pop up from them.

That’s my current status. Really happy I started doing this, I was a bit hesitant at the start but that money is not to be sniffed at!

Now I just need to work out what to do with all my open accounts :upside_down_face:

Santander is now not doing anything. I don’t think I’m going to need another account for moving around, mainly because I’ve exhausted them all now. It’s only got my credit card that I don’t use set up for a DD, so no harm in leaving it really.

TSB will complete soon (on 52 days atm), that has 2x ÂŁ1 DD, but they are easy enough to cancel to keep that one open.

Halifax is moving to Ulster, so I’ll probably bin that one completely when they pay up. Maybe just CASS it to Monzo as there’s no DD involved.

Writing that down, it probably makes sense to keep TSB :person_shrugging: and CASS Santander and eventually Ulster back to Monzo or my other Lloyds account.

7 Likes

Incredible stuff.

I’m going to do RBS in the next few days and then move that to Ulster if the offer is still going.

Re open accounts, I was thinking of checking what each bank’s requirements were re new/existing customers, and if the latter, will just leave them open.

2 Likes

Milky bars on you :rofl:

1 Like

When you switch accounts does the old account have to be closed or can it still remain open?

1 Like

For the invective it’ll be closed as it’s a ‘full switch’ rather than a partial switch.

2 Likes

Didn’t get my RBS payout yet or £200, just deposited the 1.25k yesterday, is it safe to switch the RBS account to a Halifax account before the incentive is over or should I leave it

Yeah you’ll be fine

I wouldn’t start a switch out from RBS until the incentive is paid. It can take 7 working days, same as the switch – plus not sure if a switching out flag would make your account ineligible.

3 Likes

The account must still be open when they pay the incentive or you won’t get it, so you’d be stupid to switch before then.

1 Like

NatWest now paid out :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Ulster delivered. That’s £600/£600

Now just Santander and TSB left to pay out

5 Likes

Text/email from Ulster to say they’ve started my switch and it will complete 17/4

That’s great but I have zero account details :man_shrugging:t3: