Wiki: Current Account Switching Incentives 💸

Right, account is open. Unfortunately as I previously had a mortgage with them I have to send photocopies of ID in the post before they will let me into online banking :roll_eyes:

You can get out of this by calling them. They will ask you questions to confirm your identity. Happened for me before.

1 Like

Our minor cottage industry is restarting tomorrow. Four accounts between us to move from TSB (which helpfully just paid out though I need to restart the DDs as we cancelled them last week).

Presumably my prediction of a Virgin offer won’t come now. Wonder if the next Nationwide offer will say “no previous payouts from Nationwide or Virgin”?

Also quite keen on adding a Santander card to my collection :+1:t2:

New First Direct switch offer:



Switch Bank Accounts | How To Switch Bank Accounts - first direct

2 Likes

Full terms and conditions

1 Like

A bit ouch for anyone who’s even just opened a HSBC account since 2018. Not even those who have never availed a switch promotion with HSBC.

2 Likes

Not to be outdone by their sister HSBC terms, it’s an extra year on top.

Only until 22nd April too. I do have a spare RBS account I could use for this though I’ve also got the Santander one going on at the moment…

Anyone else opened a FD account recently? Are they fussy like HSBC or should it be fairly straightforward?

Cool. I will set up a couple of DDs on the RBS account then give it a go.

Ooh good spot, that is useful!

FD is open. Standing orders to myself set up in donor account. Haven’t yet found how to initiate a switch in the FD app though…

edit: found it in the three dots menu next to the account name.

2 Likes

Signed up to Santander for their switch offer. Is there no other way to log into mobile banking without having to wait for the post (temp password etc)?

Still waiting for mine to come in the post… though it’s complicated in my case because I’m still registered for online banking via a mortgage I used to have but they have an old mobile number for me.

No, you need to wait for both letters.

1 Like

Anything to stop you downgrading the Lloyds account to their standard no-fee current account once they’ve paid the switching bonus? Can’t see anything in the terms, and their app lets me apply to downgrade the account…

Last bonus round didn’t impact anything.

1 Like

This is exactly what i did when I took advantage of the switching bonus with Lloyds.

2 Likes