Why Monzo think Android app is on par with iOS

I don’t use Android, so I can’t comment.

Certinaly from reading other users views, it doesn’t seem that way.

OS differences aside, it would need to be absolutely identical to be called “parity”.

I don’t care if they are either way… just commenting on the wording.

1 Like

The iOS search feature is brilliant and people have often posted on the forum they want to be able to have the same capability on android but can’t.

Hopefully this will be introduced on android in the near future (when there’s time to work on it) because I think it’s a great selling point for the app

9 Likes

Simon has said it’s not on their short term plan

Plans change, look at joint accounts :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Maybe the Android users need to make more noise about it.

To be honest, I’ve not really followed the Android/iOS thing!

I think the team’s probably got the message now :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So you are saying that it’s ok to have few misleading claims here and there because they seem to be good marketing… :roll_eyes:

Whole point of this thread is they aren’t.

4 Likes

We have been doing this a lot on the forum but it mostly falls on deaf ears.

The usual response seems to be "we’re working on feature parity… ", but it seems that’s all done now! :roll_eyes: :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Let’s agree to disagree, I have better things to do than discuss this any more that we already have & I’m sure you do too.

1 Like

I think the best thing we can take from this thread is that the additional search features on the iOS version of the app seem really useful and us Android users would love to have them ASAP please.

9 Likes

Parity is parity. If the app isn’t exactly the same (barring features or bugs only native to the os due to limitations such as NFC activation) then there’s no full parity.

5 Likes

That’s correct, we know that.

Just fielding my opinion, as others (not everyone) seem to agree :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I want a widget too!

2 Likes

To be fair, I’ve been with Monzo since March 16 and only used the search a handful of times. I don’t find it that intuitive, so would be better if they overhauled it for both platforms :raised_hands:t2:

1 Like

I’m sure it will be because it’s quite broken at the moment. That would probably be a good time to add the extra functionality to the Android app too, just like they did with Targets Budgets :slight_smile:

3 Likes

On Android you can create your own via IFTTT, and even go as far as setting a daily discretionary spend budget on it - was very jealous when I saw that!

I actually experienced both apps and the Android one a lot more polished. Also Android has more fine-grained control the scheduling Standing Orders, if I remember correctly, so it’s not black and white.

This is fine and most people knew search wasn’t on the list but this is another example of wording like we had with overdrafts.

Parity to most people means the apps are as identical as they can be which still isn’t the case here. I think Monzo should have said “Android main features = iOS Main Features” and people would have been happier as this is more accurate than “parity”

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s really the case. The issue with the overdrafts was that the terms were vague which could potentially cost people money. And no one was questioning whether the use of a word was appropriate. Here we’re talking about a tweet. Basically the only similarity is that both of the discussions were about words.

2 Likes