Why is "Left to spend" calculated based on a calendar month, and not synced with the user's pay frequency settings in summary?

“Left to spend” spotlights a number that shows a user’s spending through the last day of the calendar month?

But in the summary screen, I’m able to choose the timeframe based on when I get paid. Because I get paid every 4 weeks, my pay day moves and is rarely aligned with the last day of the month.

Maybe I’m an edge case in the frequency of my pay, but why wouldn’t the “left to spend” spotlight just inherit whatever properties the user enters as their summary timeframe? So that it aligns with actually receiving their income?

Or is this actually a bug?

1 Like

I think this is where Summary and Trends both still exist and both use different pay cycles. Different parts of the app use either the Summary or Trends cycle so you’ve got to work out which applies and update it.

Unless the terminolgy has me confused here, you’re talking about 2 different (and confusing) things:

• Summary - this is/was able to show the Left-to-spend on the accounts screen and also in the circular ‘fuel gauge’ in the Summary screen and was accessed by the pie-chart icon at the top right of the accounts screen. This allowed you to set the reporting cycle and create budgets (overall budget and/or category budget) - you could select the ‘4 weeks’ option in Summary when setting the reporting cycle

• Trends (with Spotlights) - this is the new reporting module and allows data to be pulled from here & shown in the Spotlight ‘tiles’. Trends allows you to set the ‘monthly’ reporting cycle and create targets (both overall and/or category/categories) - but there is no ‘4 weeks’ cycle available with Trends as far as I’m aware. Trends shows the ‘Left over’ calculated figure in the ‘Balance’ tab and this can be shown as a Spotlight tile

Summary is getting the chop anytime :soon: and so won’t be around at all, leaving just Trends.