Who's your credit card provider? (Version 2 - new and improved!)

With the news that Monzo is going to let you see your Amex balance in-app, and the reasons why Amex was chosen…

… I thought the time was right for a poll to help Monzo work out the demand for who - if anyone - comes next.

So… Who is/are your credit card provider(s)?

• Amazon
  • American Express
  • aqua
  • ASDA Money
  • Bank of Scotland
  • Barclaycard
  • Capital One
  • Chrome
  • Clydesdale Bank
  • Cooperative Bank
  • Creation
  • Debenhams
  • First Direct
  • Fluid
  • Halifax
  • HSBC
  • JaJa
  • John Lewis Partnership
  • Laura Ashley
  • Lloyds Bank
  • M&S Bank
  • marbles
  • MBNA
  • Nationwide
  • NatWest
  • Ocean Finance
  • opus
  • Post Office
  • Royal Bank of Scotland
  • Sainsbury’s Bank
  • Santander
  • Tandem
  • Tesco Bank
  • thinkmoney
  • Vanquis Bank
  • Virgin Money
  • Yorkshire Bank
  • Other (tell us below!)
0 voters

This is version two of the poll after I made some fairly major errors in the first one!

Usual disclaimers apply! Monzo will be using their own data to choose what happens next, but I thought this might be a useful input. Just don’t get upset when our top pick is actually down the list (or for whatever reason can’t technically integrate with Monzo)! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But vote away!

:monzo:

2 Likes

Old poll removed - nothing to see here! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I have an MBNA card.

I have MBNA

1 Like

MBNA too

1 Like

MBNA here, balance transferred to it.

2 Likes

Isn’t MBNA the largest issuer of credit cards in the UK? And they’re not even in the list.

2 Likes

Post Office :+1:

1 Like

Ooh Tandem are doing well. Might actually be a possibility!

1 Like

Santander is another for the ‘other’ category.

2 Likes

Oh crikey, really sorry to have missed out MBNA (and the Post Office - that was even referenced in the other thread). :man_facepalming:

(Plus Santander - ridiculous, sorry!)

Keep adding what I’ve missed and I’ll have a think about whether it’s worth starting over.

2 Likes

I have a “corporate” Amex through work. Anyone know whether that will be copied with in the same way and at the same time as “normal” Amex?

Are there other major corporate cards out there in use at other companies as we’ve always been with Amex?

I’ve got a Santander Everyday CC - got it purely because at the time I had a Santander CA (still do just don’t use it) and from what I had read going with your current account provider was the best way to get a CC if you were young, hadn’t really done anything to improve your credit rating and they tended to be ok but not the best.

Will likely pay it off and move to the AMEX everday CC in the next few months as it just seems to be a better card all round.

@Peter_G think it needs to be restarted as it is now not a reliable picture of who uses what

Plus still can’t see MBNA

Um, isn’t MBNA actually in the list - as Lloyds? They were bought out a couple of years ago.

ETA: https://www.lloydsbankinggroup.com/our-brands/mbna/

Santander should be in the list as this will cause a lot of ‘others’

I have a co op credit card but barely use it now it doesn’t generate any donations to charity.

I got an Amex October last year for the cashback (I’d been trying to get one for ages, always declined). In the past, I’ve had:

• Clydesdale bank
  • Barclaycard
  • Capital One
  • Aqua
  • Nationwide
  • Tandem

(Before you all start worrying, I’ve only got an Amex, Nationwide and Barclaycard credit card now - the Nationwide is interest free for a year :+1:)

Right, I’m gonna fix this. Locking this thread / closing the poll while I sort out - hold onto your hats credit cards… :credit_card: