When will Monzo support Apple Pay?

Two reasons, the first being that she has it in a handbag rather than a pocket, the second being she hasn’t increased her voicemail delay :slight_smile:

Liam

I think I’m becoming a young person. I never answer my phone.

2 Likes

I wonder whether, in the interest of transparency, when apple pay is implemented will Monzo provide a detailed explanation as to why the process seems to have taken a lot longer than most other providers. Or will this information be unavailable due to potential NDAs?

11 Likes

Rough? We were initially promised Applepay in Q1/Q2 of 2017. I’d say it less rough more Misleading.

2 Likes

How can you ignore something that may have already offended you ? & you have already read? You can’t unread it :worried:

2 Likes

Misleading: Giving the wrong idea or impression.

I don’t think it’s misleading, if they planned to implement it but had to hold it back. The real initial mention was in 2016, in 2017 you were told in January that it would be after the current account launched.

And not that you’d notice, but it’s not the only thing they had to delay because of the current account launch.

4 Likes

I’m waiting until after the prepaid service is closed and if no sign of Apple Pay after that I’m going to use Starling as main bank. I will keep an eye on Monzo and revisit in 6 months to a year to see what developments have happened (not just Apple Pay ones).

4 Likes

In my opinion it all boils down to some things taking longer to implement due to Monzo doing everything where possible in house with the hope that when they are much much larger it will benefit them greater having that level of control.

I wonder if Monzo could sell their in house processor to other companies as another revenue stream?

1 Like

Seems sensible.

I think, passionate as many people are on here, we should realise that Monzo won’t be for everyone. If you need Apple Pay now, then there are alternatives available and Monzo isn’t (currently) the bank for you.

3 Likes

Oh my god, please don’t :man_facepalming:

I agree that it feels instinctively wrong, but could you expand on why? (I’m still mulling it over).

Just because it’s taking months to release anything,

Imagine if they had to start creating more fixes to the payment system in the background

We would have to wait even longer :yum:

1 Like

I would prefer to use Monzo as my main bank account (i don’t know why, head vs heart thing perhaps) but it just isn’t ready yet for me to use every day. I will watch with interest at the developments though if April comes and no updates on Apple Pay.

3 Likes

Just a gentle reminder of how futile comparing the challenger’s features are :business_suit_levitating:

https://community.starlingbank.com/t/competitor-news/1089/604?u=alexs

9 Likes

I was on the Apple Pay page https://www.apple.com/uk/apple-pay/ and clicked in the link (View more featured Apple Pay Apps) while scrolling through the monzo app shows up :thinking:image

7 Likes

It allows you to top up via Apple Pay which is what that is probsbly referring to :wink:

3 Likes

How ironic would it be if they’ve just leaked the launch? :joy:

13 Likes

Yes those are apps that let you use Apple Pay to pay them.

1 Like

Oh @anon72173902 :joy:

2 Likes

Aw yeah you’re maybe right. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like