What's your favorite movie of all time?

I watch a lot of music movies, so the obvious one is Purple Rain. Still the only artist to have the Number 1 movie at the box office, the number 1 album, and the number 1 single all at the same time. Not even Madonna or Michael Jackson ever did that.

prain
tenor-20256800tenor-77066527

Aside from that I’d probably pick The Godfather. Genre-defining and damn near flawless.

godfather

tenor-106236060

What are your favourites?

2 Likes

Up. :balloon:

I could watch it over and over. It’s also a massive bonding moment for me and my best friend.

up

Still a better love story than twilight.

68645231-up-movie-wallpapers

Doug :hot_coral_heart:

giphy

Oh yes! KEVIN.

71585a8b3e3bc68fb6540cbc9c55f7ff

2 Likes

Full Metal Jacket

1 Like

The original Point Break - I’m not proud of it.

Airplane!

And I am proud of it :sunglasses:

1 Like

What I tell people my favourite film is… apocalypsenow_1401x788-1-c770dbb1-a424-4b7c-b521-1bd3cea947a3

What it actually is… bill-and-teds-excellent-adventure

6 Likes

I have three.

The Hours
tumblr_mra0hgbqj71rb528ko1_500tumblr_nh8kgkNqbq1qcd8z7o2_500tumblr_nh8kgkNqbq1qcd8z7o3_500
Which makes me cry like a baby every time I watch it, all three lead actresses are incredible. I once fell out with a colleague for a week because she argued with me about what it meant - she’d decided Meryl was playing a movie of the book adapted by Julianne Moore’s character or some nonsense and I got angry. It’s just three overlapping stories about how Mrs Dalloway affected their lives. Also the novel its based on is incredible, so much happens despite it being such a short book.

The Birdcage
jpg
Which I still find hilarious, years after first seeing it, and it feels like there are more jokes every time I watch.

Michael Clayton
1MvnPXM
I think this is where I fell in love with George Clooney, and Tilda Swinton. (It’s a running joke with my friends that whenever her name pops up, I have to tell them she lives in my home town in north Scotland) The whole film is intense, it gives me chills, you need to watch it a few times to see all the strands coming together. I love the script, the music, the direction, it’s perfect.

1 Like

Loved the soundtrack to The Hours!

R-7689144-1446957725-6219_jpeg

2 Likes

Alien

Jurassic Park

Evil Dead

Back to the Future
https://media.giphy.com/media/MWV32p11ntneo/giphy.gif

2 Likes

Impossible to isolate to a single movie.

Forrest Gump
Ocean’s 11
Home Alone
Hook
Liar Liar
Mrs Doubtfire
Silence of the Lambs

2 Likes

That’s an easy question:

The Room (2003)

giphy

3 Likes

I went to a live screening with Tommy and Greg a few months back! So many spoons! Lol

1 Like

I feel like I need to watch Michael Clayton now.

2 Likes

Epic choices

1 Like

Definitely The Island with Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson! Ignore Rotten Tomatoes & IMDB, though. :laughing:

There is no shame in Bill and Ted, only excellence.

3 Likes

The Abyss. Mr Cameron at his best ( James not David)

The Neverending Story

Entirely nostalgic but I still love it

1 Like

…and yet you never replied to this thread :angry:

2 Likes

Can’t beat the first Police Academy. Such a great film.