What's the furthest afield you've spotted a hot coral card?

Just curious :grin:

We spotted one today in Tarragona, Spain. Not too far from home, but as I’ve never seen another in the wild, even at home, it was kinda cool.:sunglasses:

8 Likes

I remember someone saying they saw one all the way out in Australia.

2 Likes

Doha for me was the furthest I’ve seen a :monzo: card in the wild

2 Likes

Never seen one in the wild :disappointed: .

4 Likes

It’s surprising with so many now around that we still don’t see them :thinking: Those Londoners need to venture out of town a bit more often!

I wonder if Monzo have some sort of heat map showing where their cards are registered or being used?

1 Like

I live up north on the fringe of the Pennines. I’m sure there are people with Monzo near me but I doubt there is anywhere near the saturation like I would expect in London. Manchester, my nearest city, I would expect to see them, but I don’t tend to go into Manchester much. A heat map would be nice to see.

2 Likes

They did have a registration one a while back.

1 Like

I saw Monzo cards in Pakistan and Dubai was pleasantly surprised to see someone with this in Pakistan :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Perhaps Monzo customers just use google pay or apple pay a lot and therefore it’s a little harder to notice that they’re on Monzo :stuck_out_tongue:

I only realised one of my friends was on Monzo (before I opened my account) because I happened to notice the monzo card in his app when he was paying for something.

2 Likes

Austria last year - the Ski rep at the hotel in Saalbach was the furthest.

the nearest - where do I start :slight_smile:

Majestic wine outlet, the shop assistant has one.
White Stuff, girl assistant had just received hers , she was very excited :slight_smile:
Pub for lunch 5 miles from home , waiter had one
Local pub, guy sat at the bar commented on how easy it was to manage his money with it
7 of my neighbour have them - thanks golden tickets :slight_smile:
Last night, girl stood next to me in the pub waiting at the bar for service

2 Likes

The first Monzo card I saw in the wild was in Berlin. It must’ve been new, because the guy pulled his phone out to see the notification and nodded with satisfaction.

6 Likes

I got overly received when I saw a random girl in the Starbucks pay with one … and then the next day when our graduate started with us - she took out her license for ID and I saw it in her purse and was like “OMG you have Monzo” - she’d convinced most of her family to get it too!

1 Like

Never seen one here in the south of Scotland

1 Like

On " Fifth Gear " . Ronnie O’Sullivan pays with a Monzo card at the checkout

4 Likes

Which episode?

No idea sorry, it wasn’t the last one, it may have been the one before

Never seen another one. Haven’t seen my own in many months, seldom need it.

I’m trying to persuade my parents/brother to get Monzo so the south west of Scotland (D&G) will have them soon hopefully :smiley:

2 Likes

Big assumption. I still do that that two years later :wink:

2 Likes

Me too. If only to decide whether to refuse a receipt.