What's next for the new look Monzo app? We'll be making improvements using your feedback

Interesting. Do you use Android or iOS? If Android, are you using the Android back button, or the ones in the Monzo app?

iOS. For instance, if I type ‘Bank Statement’ into the help search field, then choose ‘Getting a Bank Statement after closing your account’ the only way to get back to the home screen is to keep pressing ‘Back’ to return to the help screen, and then ‘Home’

The "Getting a bank statement after closing your account’ screen doesn’t have any action buttons - it only has information - so the only way out is 'back ‘back’ and the further you explore down the menu without finding an action button, the more times you have to press ‘back.’

2 Likes

Looking Good, and looking forward to trying out the features.

Will this allow us to add images to Non Monzo users who we have in the payment page too?

Is there any update on when Business account users will get the new UI? I’m starting to feel left out :frowning:

3 Likes

I’d say the android back button needs a bit of thought too. I’m fairly certain Google made a point a while back about their UX expectations being for the back button to cycle through screen history, rather than close the app. I’m forever closing the app when I actually just wanted to cycle backwards through screens - especially where I’ve clicked a button or CTA to get somewhere.

18 Likes

As part of the budget work are you looking to add support for the third thursday of a month or last friday etc?

2 Likes

“Every week on the 24th” ?

I’m liking the proposed changes. I’ve enabled Joint Account first in labs, thanks!

I am sure the new ui works better if you have 1 account and a couple of pots, but when you have a personal and joint account and each of those have a fair few pots there are a number of issues;

• The side swiping just doesn’t make sense. Slow and confusing.
  • Switching between Joint and Personal takes an annoyingly large number of swipes and scroll and taps
  • Its not anywhere near obvious which account you are in. My wife is constantly confused as to what she is looking at and I get that as well
  • The whole drag down to see the list of accounts isn’t natural or obvious. I often see my wife trying to work out how to get back to the main account listing screen
  • On android if you are on the account listing and you select an account the back button takes you out of the app. Well annoying.

Good to see you listening to feedback and I am hopeful the app will get back to making more sense at some point!

1 Like

Yeah, or at the very least, stick a toast or something saying “Pressing back again will close the app” just so that user’s know what’s about to happen

2 Likes

Yes, the UI for this is a little bit more complex than weekly (which is why we started with weekly) - but we have on our list, for sure.

4 Likes

Just wondering, would you be considering adding some sorta pattern detection.
Ex: “We’ve noticed you get paid every 24th, would you like to set up budgeting tools”

Seems like it would be a good way to get more people into using the tools if they haven’t already

Also… Pleeeeeease can we get a payday trigger for IFTTT :smiley:

3 Likes

From the screenshots, I’d have to agree with this. I have a personal, joint and business account (so don’t actually have access to this new UI for some reason) but I would need a way to switch via a list, instead of having to swipe through them and our many pots!

Is there currently no way to quickly jump to a specific account?

I’m really looking forward to some of the improvements coming, especially the pots re-ordering! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

i’m taking a look at this v soon (this week), so hopefully there’ll be some improvements – or at least predictability – in using the back button on android :+1:

11 Likes

You can quickly jump between accounts by tapping on the Home tab button, but it’s a little inconsistent. We’re tidying up the rules and technical performance at the moment.

5 Likes

I’m soooooooooo happy to see weekly budgeting options, it’s about time :ok_hand:t6::clap:t6:

1 Like

Looks good and welcome the changes. Can’t wait for pot reordering!

When will payee management be getting some love? It’s been a long time since improvements were promised. I’m on iOS.

3 Likes

What about people with business accounts? When will we get v3