What we’ll build in 2019

If printing your own isn’t sufficient, you can request them to be sent to you by using in app chat :+1:

At the very top of the black bar on account page it’ll say personal account and under it will be your total balance.

1 Like

Initially disagreed with you and thought that premium cards e.g. black/metal would be neat but you actually make a really good point!

I think that there are vanity/premium options that could stick within the hot coral theme though! Like a metallic or holographic variant…

2 Likes

It is important to consider the incentive structures each monetization path creates (for Monzo, and for its users).

Monzo is still this fantastic thing that we love and want to support, so I’d really like to see any monetization path be thoughtfully considered in terms of the eventual impact it will have on Monzo’s future directional decisions.

That being said, transparent lending, credit ratings, saving, and investment are all really great ideas. I would personally like the option of a paid account which gave increased international withdrawal limits and potentially travel insurance.

p.s. I hope Monzo sticks with the Coral cards. It is such good marketing and every time I see someone pull one out it makes me feel like “the little guy” is winning. Reinforces the sense of community.

2 Likes

Great point Michael, lots of options that keep the hot coral but allow for individual expression.

I’m hoping that this Monzo Plus thing will not be something like Revolut Premium. I feel that charging a monthly fee for a bunch of features from which some will only use a small portion off seems like a bad idea. Alternatively, it might be better for Monzo to have a “Marketplace” for add-ons to your account such as insurance etc. I have personally invested myself in Monzo for the simplicity of banking, and not having to contemplate between which “type” of account is best for me, thus having everything as an optional extra makes life much easier (for me).

3 Likes

Still need PIN for locking App on Android phones as not all of us have or can use fingerprints.

1 Like

I’d love to see a disposable card feature as part of plus; much like Revolut has.

4 Likes

I was out at a restaurant last night and as I sat down I said to my partner

“That man banks with Monzo”. She asked how I knew - I simply pointed out to her the bright coloured card that showed both he and I are marvellously thinking forward men!

I’m trying to persuade her to come across to the Dark Side but she’s still stuck in her own mindset about conventional brick banks… For now!

But I like the idea of different colours for different pots - which then turns a pot into an instant saver account, no?

2 Likes

I think I’d need an interest rate to make that transition, not a card.

5 Likes

I agree with that.

Although interest rates are still shockingly low all over - and my money never sits still long enough to gain anything; not even dust!

So can any Monzonaught let us know which is going to be the first thing released and when? I am excited at these new features being available!

Blog literally just went up saying all these things were only being considered at the moment and not confirmed… so lets give them some time to do that before expecting any results :laughing:

In the mean time lets look forward to the improved screens they’ve been looking at

3 Likes

I guess the place to keep an eye on is Making Monzo here:

So the next things are:

• Plan ahead better with flexible budgeting tools
  • Loans.
  • We’re bringing support for the Current Account Switch Service to joint accounts.
  • Easily export your personal data from Monzo.
1 Like

I’m definitely looking forward to being able to chose different card colours. I appreciate ‘Hot Coral’ stands out but I personally don’t like it, so the option to chose would be most welcome!

I agree, why should we be forced to use hot coral if we don’t have too. If you want to use it, rock on, but I would like some stylish other options!

Spot on - especially regarding remortgage, insurance and credit score

A post was split to a new topic: Removed posts 31/1

My thoughts on Monzo Plus which I posted on a similar thread:

2 Likes

I think there’s a lot of discussion on this here: What we’ll build in 2019 so you might want to check that out!

1 Like