Monzo in 2019

In today’s blog post we’re taking a look back over 2018 and looking forward to the year ahead :tada:

23 Likes

We’ve heard calls for business banking, and that’s something we’re planning to launchlater this year.

This excites me the most!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see what Monzo come up with over the course of 2019. This post has defiantly sparked interest!

2 Likes

Interested to hear about these new features.
Exciting times ahead!

1 Like

Exciting year ahead!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

It is crazy to think its only been a year since prepaid.

So much achieved in such little time. Onwards and upwards! :tada:

Excited to see the fruition of the marketplace dream

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see what this year brings!

1 Like

I thought 2018 was exciting… I bet 2019 will smash all expectations, I get the feeling Monzo are going to really stretch their legs and push banking to new levels :sunglasses:

Happy new year to everybody at Monzo :hot_coral_heart: I hope it’s another awesome one! :tada:

Also :eyes:

I spy another sneaky peak at the new pots design :eyes:

Can’t wait for that :grin::grin:

19 Likes

Move over Viola Black!

16 Likes

Looking forward to see what’s up Monzos sleeve for 2019 excited much! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2:

This is actually the savings pot that Monzo have opened with investec.

When opening a new pot you have the choice of a normal pot or this one but you do need £1000 to open it.

Hi Kieran :wave::smiley:

I’m referring to the design of the pot, not the pot itself :yum: The screenshot is the 2nd time Monzo have shown off a new layout for pots, there’s a breakdown of the transactions going in/out of a pot as well as (on an interest bearing pot) the total accrued interest :sunglasses: (see the £4.23 & the green £8.46 below it) :smiley:

16 Likes

It’s good to see there is plans for business banking as this avenue is needed for Monzo but I hope you don’t lose focus on the rest of us while building that. Just my opinion here but there is a danger that while you try to build that sustainably, you could lose focus on main current accounts and building the kind of product to help people stick with Monzo.

Anyway, on a brighter note, well done for a great 2018. I hope this one is just as good!

5 Likes

“you should never have to worry about renewing or switching tariff. If you’re saving or investing, Monzo will make it feel effortless.”

Interested to see what the utility/tariffs renewing or switching process will look like, any "sneaky peeks?|

2 Likes

We definitely won’t lose focus :smiling_face:

7 Likes

:wave:t2: Oh I get you.

Apologies, I didn’t even notice that myself.

1 Like

So much potential here.

Check out Agile Octopus and the IFTTT integration they already have with Hue, Hive and Monzo pots.

A marketplace allowing weflip-esque tariff switching would be an awesome inclusion.

If this is what the future looks like, sign me up!

4 Likes

Business banking with affordable and responsible lending :+1:

Dear Monzo Team,
As an European citizen, living in Switzerland, working in France (cofounder of a medtech startup), traveling most of the time in France, Germany, the USA and Spain, I would like to open a private account with Monzo and use it as my first bank account for private use. Does Monzo plan to expand in Europe within a reasonable time? I am presently using Revolut with the account based in the UK. And it’s fine. But I would like to have now a true UK/Europe Account. MONZO would be that one.
My email to enroll me on the waiting list should Monzo have one for European. Please, don’t talk Brexit to me: I simply don’t care, letting politicians playing their games while I am doing business.

Hey Bernard, thanks for the post - I’m keen for a euro account, too. :euro: :raised_hands:

I think that Monzo are planning on expansion to the US first, then maybe onto Europe later - I’m not Monzo staff but I don’t think that anything is imminent, I’m afraid.

In the meantime, I’ve taken your email address out of your post - just in case anyone is tempted to misuse it. :pensive:

2 Likes