What Monzo IFTTT feature do you want in 2020?

But on the flip side, they could essentially ‘Sherlock’ a lot of things from IFTTT land into the product itself. Moving it from 3rd party/user created/supported world (which some people won’t want to risk) to product feature which is more robust, more reliable and supported?

Let us expand things with IFTTT and they can ‘recreate/drag back’ the good stuff?

I am adding a few of these to our roadmap. Will get back to you on it later :+1:

4 Likes

Ohhh emm geee it’s happening! :partying_face: :tada::tada:

A roadmap? an actual roadmap? wheeeeee!!!

1 Like

Give us a sneak peak at the map… you know you want too :slight_smile:

I want to find the treasure :pirate_flag: :pirate_flag: :pirate_flag:

1 Like

I’d love a salary/incoming payment trigger

Can you use IFTTT to send money to pots, from pots, and to joint and external accounts?

Nothing can be sent outside the account in use so no external or joint etc.

I think this is deliberate to avoid any potential abuse of the integration by an external ‘bad actor’ so I don’t expect this to change.

Ah, thanks, I take back my interest in that case haha

There’s a fair number of things I might like to automate that revolve around tracking an amount paid here and having a running total. (e.g. I move £1k on the 1st of the month, move any remainder left on the last day, hypothetically).

To make that IFTTT-able (with help from an intermediary spreadhseet), I think I’d need triggers for:

• When my account balance falls below / moves above £X
  • For all possible payment types to be triggerable. (so I can keep an accurate running total elsewhere).

I think that would enable a very wide array of activities, even when they might require a 2nd applet, use of Platform, or intermediate sheets.

Ok. I have good news :raised_hands:

Today I had a catch-up with the (very small volunteered) team maintaining our IFTTT integration.
We admitted that Monzo-IFTTT needs a bit of attention, as the community clearly wants it to keep going, despite how much it costs us.

We are also formalising our internal processes, time management and communication with IFTTT people to keep this running. :running_woman:

Taking in consideration feasibility and data available, right now we gathered the following list of features the community wants:

• Support for join accounts (which seems to be the #1 asked for by all of you)
  • “My balance goes above/below £x” trigger
  • Incoming transaction (Direct Debit / Transaction / Transfer) trigger
  • Applets with formulas (we still need to see how feasible this is within IFTTT itself)

Watch this space :eyes::rocket:

47 Likes

Best news ever! :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

3 Likes

Thanks for the update - I’m liking this branch of :monzo: development :+1:
IFTTT support on Joint Accounts is (or will be) a big thing for me/us and a fair amount of others too.

:raised_hands:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Are you able to expand on that?

5 Likes

We have to pay IFTTT a fairly substantial amount to hold a business license :dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

5 Likes

Do you have any statistics on how many users actively use IFTTT integration? Just a percentage would be great? Genuinely interested

We have shy of 55,000 active connections. That makes it for about 1.5% of our total number of customers.
Getting there! :rocket:

10 Likes

is that one fixed fee, or does that vary depending on the amount of users the Business License cost?

I wasn’t on the negotiating table when this took place, so I don’t know the exacts…

1 Like

That and they will be commercially sensitive and non disclosure :shushing_face:

1 Like