What makes a good customer experience?

:wave: Hi everyone!

I’ve just joined the Operations team at Monzo and will be spending some time thinking about what makes a “good customer experience”. I figured that as part of this work, it’d be great to get some insights from you, our customers. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve seen a couple of threads in the forum (like this one and this one, but I’d love to get more insight into the things you value most as a customer.

Here’s what I’d love to know:

• What are the top 3-5 things that are most important to you as a customer?
  • Do you have any examples of an excellent customer experience?
  • What would make or break your experience with a brand?

Feel free to answer any or all of the questions above. Thanks in advance for anything that you’d be willing to share! :star2:

5 Likes

What are the top 3-5 things that are most important to you as a customer?

1. Knowing what’s happening at every point of a query or complaint, never feeling completely unsure of what the next stage will be where possible.
  2. A reasonable timescale for replies with staff either equipt to help or in quick close contact to those who can.
  3. Feeling valued and that the other person helping genuinely wants to help you/cares.

Do you have any examples of an excellent customer experience?

John Lewis - The extra free warranty on any TV bought from them is REALLY good, as just after three years in the living room TV’s remote stopped working, we contacted JL and was told to buy and send the receipt for a new remote control to them via email…

I had the full amount back within 38 minutes sent by faster payment, the staff I spoke to was really helpful too.

What would make or break your experience with a brand?

Breaking would be any or all of these: Being passed around with no-one taking ownership or seeming to actually care, waiting an age for a solution without even the smallest explanation and staff saying one thing that later turns out to be incorrect wasting you time.

Making is answered in the first question.

3 Likes