Hi all I’m a little late - I wrote this yesterday but didn’t get time to post before we headed out for our social ( )
I’m responsible for all things people-related and office-related here, as well as a little bit of finance, general admin, and anything else that needs doing.
It feels like no time has passed since I last wrote this back in early May, but we’ve had 8 new joiners since then across customer support, regulation and engineering - the team’s growing quickly!
Yesterday I was busy with customer support hiring: two on-site interviews, a couple of initial phone calls, as well as reviewing lots of take-home tasks for various regulatory roles, and a little bit of scheduling for future interviews.
Our hiring process here is split into several stages:
- At application, we ask for a CV as well as a paragraph in answer to several questions; these questions help us ensure we’re considering each application on consistent criteria.
- The next step is a short initial phone call, usually with me, which covers some general background questions (to understand the person’s story and background, as well as why they’re interested in Mondo) and some job-specific questions which touch on each of the things we view as important to the role. I particularly enjoy the part at the end when applicants ask me all their questions about the company, the culture here, the team and the role itself
- After that we send a short take-home task, related to the role itself, which usually takes 1-3 hours. This helps us from biasing towards people who are good as thinking on their feed over people who prefer to reflect before making a decision.
- The final stage is where we invite applicants to our office for an interview split in two parts - one to talk about the job itself and the key traits and characteristics; and a second session to find out more about them as a person, their expectations for the role, their career aspirations, and check that the ways they prefer to work fit with how we work here so we can be sure they have a good chance of thriving in the culture we’re growing
- And then, finally, references and chatting with the rest of the team in a relaxed context - usually over lunch
I’ve also been writing a job ad for an Office Manager (coming super soon!), rearranging our office social area, getting myself set up so that I can edit our careers page as we’re migrating to a new applicant tracking system, and we had a really interesting security briefing yesterday.
Up next: @natasha